Max3420e

Rockyy

Joined Jul 10, 2014
Hello,

Did any one used max3420e USB controller with the FPGA.
Actually i am developing a microblaze sdk for max3420e using SPI pin Configuration.
But I am not getting any success in my task.If any one have any idea please share.

Rockyy

Joined Jul 10, 2014
Actually I have a board where max3420e is connected with FPGA.I have developed a(controller) in microblaze and configured the spi pin for FPGA and Max3420e.we have c code written in xilinx sdk,it is an SPI code integrated
with max3420e driver code.I flashed the code to our FPGA but nothing is happing from max3420e towards PC side i.e my host is not even able to
detect the max3420e.
If you want I can share my code.

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
I'm not familiar with the microblaze so sharing code won't be much help. In order to debug the SPI interface you need to write a simple program that periodically outputs a byte on the SPI interface. This will allow yoy to verify that clock pulses are being produced and that data is changing with respect to the clock pulses at the right time. The reason this has to be periodic with a fixed period is so you can use a scope or logic analyzer to see what is going on.

Once you have that working you can connect the 3420 and see if it sends data back to the microblaze.