Marie Simulator - Need help!

Joshua Cendana

Joined Mar 8, 2016
Hello guys, I need help.

I can basically create the four basic arithmetic operations, but the thing is, I need to combine them all. In other words, I need a basic Marie calculator code.

I need a Marie simulator code that will allow me to choose from the start which operations I want from (addition,subtraction,multiplication,division)
so basically I need a working calculator that can do atleast single digit operation
The system will then return the appropriate output.

After getting the answer, the system will not terminate unless the user give the command to terminate the operation.
basically, the system will ask if the user will go back and choose another operation or terminate.

AnalogKid

Joined Aug 1, 2013
Your question has absolutely no context within which to form an response. Are you asking about hardware or software? Is this for school, a home hobby project, or the next Mars lander? Why do you think anyone other than you knows what a "Marie" is? Think - we are total strangers and not psychic.

ak

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
Marie is a teaching architecture. There are assemblers and simulators you can find and download using simple search techniques.

Joshua Cendana

Joined Mar 8, 2016
Nvm guys, I tried making it myself and I finally manage to do it.
Btw, I was talking about the Marie Simulator.
So here's what happened, I just needed to study the skipcond command(x>0,x<0,x=0).
Now I have a Marie Simulator code/ program that allows the user to pick from 4 arithmetic operations. Then the program will ask at the end if the user want's to Halt(end) the program or return and pick another operation.

Also have a Marie Simulator code/ program that can determine if the integer that user inputted is negative or positive, odd or even.
(A program that can determine if the inputted integer is an odd or even and positive or negative number.)

If you guy's want to have a copy of the codes, you can contact me on my Email add :<SNIP>

Have fun guy's.
It's sad because no one helped me in this forum lol.

Moderators note: removed email address to avoid spammers.

Last edited by a moderator:

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
Nvm guys, I tried making it myself and I finally manage to do it.
Btw, I was talking about the Marie Simulator.
So here's what happened, I just needed to study the skipcond command(x>0,x<0,x=0).
Now I have a Marie Simulator code/ program that allows the user to pick from 4 arithmetic operations. Then the program will ask at the end if the user want's to Halt(end) the program or return and pick another operation.

Also have a Marie Simulator code/ program that can determine if the integer that user inputted is negative or positive, odd or even.
(A program that can determine if the inputted integer is an odd or even and positive or negative number.)

If you guy's want to have a copy of the codes, you can contact me on my Email add :<SNIP>

Have fun guy's.
It's sad because no one helped me in this forum lol.

Moderators note: removed email address to avoid spammers.
There have been some previous questions about MARIE on this forum. I suspect the lack of response is related to the complete disinterest in teaching tools among the hobbyist community. For them there appears to be little practical benefit in studying architectures and development systems with little practical benefit. A wiser investment of time is directed to PIC and AVR parts which can be purchased and integrated into actual devices. Same thing happened with Donald Knuth's MIX computer. That is until someone implemented in an FPGA. For all I know there could be a MARIE FPGA out there.

Joshua Cendana

Joined Mar 8, 2016
Yea I agree.
Marie is not really that well known.

Talking about PIC, is it about those pic16f84a and so on? well It's easy since there are a lot of guides in the net.
Currently creating a digital timer using 4pc 7segments and 1 PIC16