Mariana Trench: Deepest-ever sub dive finds plastic bag

nsaspook

Joined Aug 27, 2009
I had to google to find out that Mariana is an acceptable version of the name. I've spent my life knowing it only as the Marianas Trench.
We unfortunately lost a CH-46and some of the crew near Guam (part of the Mariana Island archipelago) over the Trench on a WestPac.
Did the proper SAR routine and wait even with no hope of recovery.:( We couldn't ping the bottom with the old fathometer on the ship.

http://www.hmm165whiteknights.com/photos/1980pho1.htm

Janis59

Joined Aug 21, 2017
Actually there are plenty of fascinating technical problems to solve by electronics and precise mechanics to build the universal miniature telemetric absolutely autonomous flying robot for aim of deep-water filming and small simple jobs like sample taking and rope hooking. I am sure the black archeologists would buy out all produced at case of reasonable price.

Some of problems: for free flying must use the small vacuum capsule pumped by 1000 atm pump out and in - what is the pump capable for saltwater. Okay, use the neutral oil into rubber/plastic sack. But pump must be small. Diesel pumpe-dusse is too weak and too large. Next - what is electricity source, at least some few hundred Amp-hours at weight of hardly less than 10 or best 5 kg. Next, what a telemetry channel will be used? I see only US, but even HF US has very narrow BW. So what else?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
killivolt Off-Topic 22
cmartinez General Science, Physics & Math 0
C General Electronics Chat 0