Marantz NR1605 AV clicks on then off quickly

StealthRT

Joined Mar 20, 2009
Hi all.

So I bought a Marantz NR1605 A/V off of eBay "as-is". The description reads:

Marantz NR1605 AV Receiver As Is, no returns or guarantees Shipped with USPS Parcel Select Ground. This was a new receiver purchased in approximately early 2015. The receiver still turns on but I think during a power outage/surge something happened to the HDMI in/out capabilities. The receiver is included with the adapter, manual, and remote control

They are correct - it does come on but only for a few milliseconds before turning off. I bought it thinking that it probably would just be a blown fuse or something I could see a burnt component on the board that I could replace.

Opening it up I found a total of 4 fuses. Each fuse looked just fine. Nothing blown. Examining the board(s) inside they all seem clean and shinny/new looking. Nothing on the board(s) look burnt or leaking in any way.

However, I am unable to figure out what the steps are in order to take each PCB board out in order to see what beneath it - if there are any more fuses or check for something burnt/leak.

I have taken a good amount of pictures in order to let you see what I am seeing. Perhaps you would be able to spot something that I have not. Or better yet, let me know how to go about taking the PCB boards out. I also have 2 videos showing it coming on and then off and also what it looks like on the LED screen when it comes on.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/lixs7eis9shw7x8/AAD00CL3a2469GNL3XZILdrRa?dl=0

Last edited:

JoeJester

Joined Apr 26, 2005
Have you replaced the missing fuse that is shown on a photo?

Have you done any of the troubleshooting tips in the owners manual?

Last edited:

StealthRT

Joined Mar 20, 2009
Yes sorry. I forgot to put that in before taking pictures. Its in. And there's no troubleshooting for this issue in the manual.

Last edited:

JoeJester

Joined Apr 26, 2005
When you press the power on button, does the power led flash in green or white or red?

The service manual is out there on the web. You may have to join another site to get it though.

StealthRT

Joined Mar 20, 2009
Im not really seeing anything on that page that pertains to why there is no light on the power button? Now I am talking about the unit and not the remote. Which one were you talking of?

sghioto

Joined Dec 31, 2017
Last edited:

StealthRT

Joined Mar 20, 2009
Just need some chewing gum here and it will all be fixed....20200816_173004.jpg

My guess would be that they tried to take this off but they didn't have all the screws out. They put pressure on the pcb trying to lift it up and boom... they forgot to remove the 2 knobs and take the nut off in order for it to come up.

Last edited: