Making a DC power supply cord for 4.1 MP Gateway Digital Camera

food4lion

Joined Jul 28, 2007
Hi,
I'm from India. A friend from US gifted me a 4.1 Gateway Digital camera... Though, the cam supports ac adopter, the cam did not come with one. The manual that accompanied the cam give the voltage specs etc but nothing about the output pin polarities of the supply plug. Now since I'm having difficulty in finding the rt adopter here in India [Guys here haven't even heard of Gateway...] I was thinking of building one myself... so was wondering if someone could tell me this thing about the supply polarity of the DC supply plug to the camera.
attached image is a schematic diagram of the information I need.
Thanks in advance.

Attachments

food4lion

Joined Jul 28, 2007
OMG..... that was some review... though my model of the cam is some what different but the make is the same... I use 2500 Ah NiMh rechargeable cells, and I have also found this to be energy guzzler [I usually get about 60 snaps per charge] but not as acute as 5 - 10 as in the reviews... Mine does have a ac/dc input and I was contemplating powering it with an external regulated power supply from a 6v/6Ah maintainance free Lead Acid power pack so was looking for info on that external power cord... Thanks Pebe for that link... I guess even my US friend doesn't know of this... :(

food4lion

Joined Jul 28, 2007
Hi,

I'm back here again... After going through the link of depressing reviews on Gateway cameras, I did some r n d last evening and I've finally managed to find out for certain the polarity of the terminals of the external DC power supply power cord.... The attached picts will speak the 1000 words it is worth...

I've tried it out on my DC M40 Gateway 4.1 mp Digital camera and am happy that I'll not have to gift away that camera to any one atleast for now.... I've arranged for a 6v/4Ah maintanance free lead acid Power pack to keep my camera energized for extended use.... I'm posting the info... just in case any one wants to try it out on one of those energy guzzlers... and of course
"..AT YOUR OWN RISK..." :rolleyes:

Attachments