Magic and Illusion

A friend on mine was at Mc Nichols Arena. During the show he jumped up onto the speakers and was hanging off the speaker and rigging. Something that was part of the show. Well the road crew had forgotten to bolt down the rigging and the rigging and speakers fell on him and almost killed him. Since then he does back up stuff, indie stuff, movie soundtracks etc..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-mdx_ucJvQ

and a lil trivia he was hired by Mark Walbergs manager to do all his vocals and music in RockStar with Mark W. And Jen Aniston. Was an on set consultant. Notice the band in the movie is Steel Dragon, His band was Steel Heart. Then look em up on youtube and listen to the voices. Play a steel Dragon song from the movie, then play a steel heart song. Its so obvious its him its pathetic. I remember this was all secret when making the movie and after it came out. I think he had a no speak clause for 5 years of something. I know he can talk about it now but when it was going on and contracts were being written it was all hush hush.
Thanks for that info Max.
I never bothered to check but I had thought the singer Sebastian Bach of Skid Row fame sung for Marky Mark in that movie.
LOL! Marky Mark...LOL!

Two singers covered him...do you know who was the second?

Split Infinity

So you're in a band. What sort of music do you guys play do you have anything online?
You know what effect I miss? Back in the day we used to use Dry Ice as a way to generate smoke or fog. Basically we had several barrels that had water in them...a wide 10 inch diameter hose that came out and a heavy duty fan attached to the top.

About 50 lbs of dry ice would be dropped in the water of each barrel and the fan would blow out through the hose the created fog. We had a barrel on each side of the stage and a fan pointed up dead center at the end of the stage as the fog would swirl due to this fan and create a really cool effect as you could stand at the center front of the stage in the center of this Fog Tornado.

Nowdays we use the mechanical electronic smoke makers and these have a very strong incense type smell that gets to me.

We did years ago have some Lugnut grab the Dry Ice with his bare hand and get a very bad Frost Burn. I asked him why he did it and he said...How was I supposed to know ice would do that!

I had to explain to him that Dry Ice is Frozen Solid C02 at extreme low temps. LOL!

Split Infinity

reaxbeats

Joined Mar 22, 2013
Yes...I play and tour internationally in a band and I have toured with Aerosmith, Heart, Staind, Motley Crew, Robin Trower and many others.

I am getting older so I do not do long tours anymore but I do tour every year and I no longer need the money. My touring was a reality that was used in another...JOB...that I still do on occasion that involves me working with members of the U.S. Military as what is a better excuse for visiting a country than to be on tour?

I am trying to retire from this...JOB...but I am needed and I keep on getting sucked in.

We were big in the 80's and 90's and now I have been in studio for a while working on something I feel proud of. We do have a web site and we even have our own forum but I find talking on it a bit uncomfortable as Fans are posting and chatting and when I go on there it feels like patting myself on my own back.

I own a Recording Studio and it feels so different these days as the days of massive sound boards is gone replaced by computer screens displaying recording and effect software that allows us to choose the exact sound processing forms of any song or artist for any part or entirety of a recording.

Our music nowdays is very original but there are influences of Zep, Rush, Sabbath and Classical elements.

Because of security concerns I do not give out any information of who I am as to do so causes all sorts of issues.

Split Infinity
Your making me wanna trace your IP.... lol jk if only I knew how wow I'm very intrigued and sort of dissapointed however I also can understand what your "job" entails and humoring mew
With who u were would only complicate things for ya wouldn't it?

Don't tell me you're bono..... LOL

Hey I was wondering would these work?
http://m.aliexpress.com/item/716912407.html

maxpower097

Joined Feb 20, 2009
Thanks for that info Max.
I never bothered to check but I had thought the singer Sebastian Bach of Skid Row fame sung for Marky Mark in that movie.
LOL! Marky Mark...LOL!

Two singers covered him...do you know who was the second?

Split Infinity
Nah it was Mike, or Milo as he goes by now.

Sammy Haggar and Ronnie James Dio both did songs too.

Last edited:
Your making me wanna trace your IP.... lol jk if only I knew how wow I'm very intrigued and sort of dissapointed however I also can understand what your "job" entails and humoring mew
With who u were would only complicate things for ya wouldn't it?

Don't tell me you're bono..... LOL

Hey I was wondering would these work?
http://m.aliexpress.com/item/716912407.html
No...LOL! I am NOT Bono. LOL!
I have met the guy and can tell you he is WAY more effeminate than one should be. Since I am from Western Mass...and you are interested...check out the Long View Farm Studio website. Look at the list of bands that has recorded there.

That is all I can say.

As far as your question and link...I am not sure what things you are asking about that would work?

You will notice that there will be some members here that will poke fun of my statements as far as what I am and do.

That's OK. It is not important to me if anyone believes what I post or not. I know who I am and I have the knowledge and background to answer any questions anyone might have about the fields of work I enguage in.

I am a VERY fortunate person but I worked VERY HARD to be so. I started working for my family at 5 years old taking out the trash for 50 cents an hour. I became the General Business Manager of one of our families companies at 18 years old. I did the job all the while working on multiple degrees as well as playing in a band.

I was signed by a Major Media Corporations Entertainment Divisions Label at the age of 20 for a 4 record deal...they were still pressing out vinyl back then...and became a Multimillionaire by the age of 22.

I was asked to be an assistant to a very distinguished Professor also at the age of 22 which I at firsted turned down much to his/her surprise as I was very busy touring during the late spring and summer as well as was now fully trained to perform the work required of my third...JOB. As I was now touring overseas.

At 23 I owned two homes which I could have purchased outright but I needed the tax write off. One in Western Mass. and one in Marco Island Fl. At 24 I made two very good investments...one in a company that made Personal Computers and another that made Video Game Units that a person could hook up to their TV's.

At 25 I dove the Great Barrier Reef as diving was a thing I had started doing with my Dad. At 27 I dove Cosumel and rode the current that will sweep a diver around the island every day for a week.

I could go on but I am sure I am boring some here. The point is...all the things I am talking about...I have gained much knowledge from these experiences so anyone that might ask me about them or the places will find that knowledge too extensive to just be made up...but really...it doesn't matter to me if they believe so.

Split Infinity

According to State farm Insurance they can't put anything not true on the internet, Bonjour! So I now believe in you.
That's OK Short...it's your right to believe as you will. From what I have been told about the conflict that occured to my first posting here...I can understand why you and others have a hard time taking a person at their word as well as the fact I have not provided anyway for anyone here to find out who and what I am.

But I would ask you to think about this....If a person had multiple carriers of which one was in entertainment as well as another that is specific to helping to run family owned companies where a competetor would drool over found statements posted on the internet as these would be useful to destabalize a company by the release of any contraversial topics that might in some way hurt consumer, customer and vender confidence in that company or group of companies...as well as the possibility of effect that would be generated by any posts specific to that persons other two JOBS....Do you honestly think such a person would allow themselves to be KNOWN and thus proven to have written these posts which may seem of no consequence to YOU...but may have very large repercussions if seen by others?

Thing is...I started posting on forums to releave stress as well as enjoy a few conversations that I find to be difficult to have around the majority of people that I work with. I have no other motive than this to be posting here and look forward to learning a few things.

Even if you don't believe anything I post about myself...I wouldn't care less...as long as that doesn't hinder your ability to enguage me in intelligent conversation and debate.

If such a thing does hinder you...well then that would be your issue not mine.

Split Infinity

maxpower097

Joined Feb 20, 2009
I don't think your gonna get into anything too controversial here. So no worries there. So you toured EU? That musta been fun, was just talking to a friend about it and how bad it was. How did you find it. They hated it, did like 1 or 2 tours and vowed never to go back.

shortbus

Joined Sep 30, 2009
That's OK Short...it's your right to believe as you will. From what I have been told about the conflict that occured to my first posting here...I can understand why you and others have a hard time taking a person at their word as well as the fact I have not provided anyway for anyone here to find out who and what I am.

But I would ask you to think about this....If a person had multiple carriers of which one was in entertainment as well as another that is specific to helping to run family owned companies where a competetor would drool over found statements posted on the internet as these would be useful to destabalize a company by the release of any contraversial topics that might in some way hurt consumer, customer and vender confidence in that company or group of companies...as well as the possibility of effect that would be generated by any posts specific to that persons other two JOBS....Do you honestly think such a person would allow themselves to be KNOWN and thus proven to have written these posts which may seem of no consequence to YOU...but may have very large repercussions if seen by others?

Thing is...I started posting on forums to releave stress as well as enjoy a few conversations that I find to be difficult to have around the majority of people that I work with. I have no other motive than this to be posting here and look forward to learning a few things.

Even if you don't believe anything I post about myself...I wouldn't care less...as long as that doesn't hinder your ability to enguage me in intelligent conversation and debate.

If such a thing does hinder you...well then that would be your issue not mine.

Split Infinity
No hindrance to me.:D I actually get a chuckle from reading this stuff.

But if what you said about posting to reduce stress is true, why even bring up your "bona fides"? Just post like anybody does. If you haven't noticed this is mainly an electronics forum. Why not try some of that.

A very wise man once said " extra ordinary claims, take extra ordinary proof" Or something like that.

The, "I could tell 'ya, but then I'd have to kill 'ya" don't cut it, in person or online. Just my opinion, your mileage may vary.:) Bonjour.

I don't think your gonna get into anything too controversial here. So no worries there. So you toured EU? That musta been fun, was just talking to a friend about it and how bad it was. How did you find it. They hated it, did like 1 or 2 tours and vowed never to go back.
When you tour in Europe...the State want's a piece of EVERYTHING...and I mean EVERYTHING. There is a Tax or a Permit for things I never even DREAMED of...LOL!

The one thing I have a problem with as far as just being in a European country is the difference of how being a customer or buisness owner differs from the mentality in the U.S.

In the U.S...the Customer is always right. In the EU...It is an Honor and a privledge for the customer to be allowed to eat, shop or inhabit any business. No where is this more so than in France. Even in a Cafe...a waiter has zero incentive to be a good waiter as the tip is built in to the cost of your bill. Since I am used to getting in and out of a place to grap a bite and a coffee...it irritates me to no end that it takes an hour plus just to do so.

As far as the fans go it is great as they love music and love Rock. And even though there might be a rift between what Europe and the U.S. agree upon as far as Foreign Policy...Europeans still love anything American as far as our Art and Culture...even if they say they do not.

The people and fans in the U.K. are especially polite and cheerful. I have NEVER felt unwanted or a burden there and they go out of their way to be kind...even if the food there is terrible. LOL!

Spain and Portugal are beautiful...especially the Algarve and Spanish cuisine is really something.

One place I love to go to at a specific time is Germany and if you go to Berlin during the all important...White Asparagus Harvest...which is served with almost a stick of melted butter swamping toasted breadcrumbs over the top of this most tender vegetable...along with some German Beer sitting outside in a Beer Garden...Man! That is good!

If you are a small band and attempt to tour Europe...you will probably come home BROKE!

Split Infinity

No hindrance to me.:D I actually get a chuckle from reading this stuff.

But if what you said about posting to reduce stress is true, why even bring up your "bona fides"? Just post like anybody does. If you haven't noticed this is mainly an electronics forum. Why not try some of that.

A very wise man once said " extra ordinary claims, take extra ordinary proof" Or something like that.

The, "I could tell 'ya, but then I'd have to kill 'ya" don't cut it, in person or online. Just my opinion, your mileage may vary.:) Bonjour.
Well...as long as I put a smile on your face I guess things are OK.

Split Infinity

maxpower097

Joined Feb 20, 2009
When you tour in Europe...the State want's a piece of EVERYTHING...and I mean EVERYTHING. There is a Tax or a Permit for things I never even DREAMED of...LOL!
HAHAHAHHHAHA That was a test you passed with flying colors! Their number 1 complaint was going from country to country all the crazy taxes they would just make up, then after searching the busses at every crossing they'd be robbed for 100 CD's, 50 Shirts, 100 Hats, etc.. by every customs agent on the continent. Not to many people would say or know that, that haven't done it or been incredibly close to someone that has.

HAHAHAHHHAHA That was a test you passed with flying colors! Their number 1 complaint was going from country to country all the crazy taxes they would just make up, then after searching the busses at every crossing they'd be robbed for 100 CD's, 50 Shirts, 100 Hats, etc.. by every customs agent on the continent. Not to many people would say or know that, that haven't done it or been incredibly close to someone that has.
I usually fly country to country as we do not play small venues but I did travel by road with the crew and equipment my first tour and this was before the E.U. existed.

You are right! If you are traveling by road to another European Country they make life miserable for you and it is costomary to pay a Graft to make things go smoothly. I had a conversation about this with a Professor of mine who taught Business Structuring and it was like a conversation out of the movie...Back to School with Rodney Dangerfield. My Professor looked at me with disbelief after I told him we had to pay to get across boarders quickly and he told me that this was not the way things were in the legitamate business world.

I laughed at him and told him that he had spent way to much time in the classroom and had No Idea what went on in the REAL WORLD. The fact is if you want to get something done if you are making large sums of money there will ALWAYS be an Official standing there with thier hand out.

Split Infinity

Today right everyone flys. Back in the 80's/90's everyone went by tour bus.
There was one thing that would drive me nuts back in the late 80's when I was touring in Europe and that was the enormous amount of HAIR be it underarm or leg or the nether regions upon a girl.

It was OUT OF CONTROL! Especially in Germany as for some reason they were stuck in 1969 Summer of Love mode!

Now I am especially open minded but I have to admit...here I am getting all amourous with some frauline and then I feel a Shag Rug upon her legs rubbing mine! LOL!

I spent a bit of time in East Germany and it was VERY difficult for anyone to be allowed through the Brandenburg Gate located in Berlin. I was carefully watched by the Stasi...the East German Secret Police and our invitation took the U.S. Embassy by total surprise...actually...I think they almost had a stroke.

I am a fairly large muscular man and these two Stasi Leg Breakers...typical Stasi were 5 foot 9 inch and 230 lbs all wearing hats and trench coats...there were no Stasi Field Agents taller than about this as this height was thought to make them stand out less...LOL! That would have worked if they were not all built like a brick!

Anyway...these two Stasi came up to me and I was nervous as I was getting a Sausage sort of a cross between a Bratt and a Knock...with this very famous East German Mustard that is still all the rage...they came up to me and asked...So you are...so and so...in this band we are to keep SAFE? I said..Yes. The guy looks at his partner and said in German...which I can speak and understand a bit...Should I ask him about it?

I understood what he said and given my other...JOB...I was SCARED. I actually started to clench my very bad soda that the road stand gave me in a glass bottle which you had to drink there and return that bottle...well I clenched that glass bottle and was planning to jam it in the guy's eye as if doing that and trying to make it though the gate that was guarded by Machine Gun implacements...would allow me to make it back to West Berlin...LOL!

The Stasi quietly asked me...We will be guarding you while you are here as well as at the show and after until you leave. I have a son and daughter who very much want a pair a Levi's Blue Jeans...if you can get me in any size...I will make sure no police or Communist Party peoples will ask you for permit money.

I almost DIED! I started laughing so hard the two agents got very nervous as they were being watched as well! I asked the guy....later I found out his first name was Bernard...pronounced...Burn-nerd...and the outher one Henrick...tell me their sizes and I will have one of my crew that is still on the other side bring them in. He said...you must tell me when they come as if they try when I am not here they will confiscate the blue jeans.

I had my childhood friend who was our original sound man bring them over that evening and Bernard got the jeans...one for each kid as well as I gave him and his partner Band T-Shirts, Discs...he asked for Cassettes after as they didn't have CD players...and a bag full of Chocolates and Strawberries, Cherries and other fruits as well as what I would find to be very precious in East Germany...two containers of Orage Juice.

I met his daughter the next night as I got him passes for his kids to go to the show. She looked just like him...5 foot 9 inches and thick as a BRICK! LOL! The show was unfortunately attended by only Communist Party officials and their families. I was looking at a 80 year old woman in the front row wearing a kerchief. These people had very little in the way of entertainment.

They actually were very nice to us and the only issue was how the Stasi went through every piece of equipment with a fine comb and if it wasn't for Bernard...they would have taken apart the damn sound boards and effects with a screw driver!

The only nasty part of this whole deal came when a RUSSIAN...most likely from the Russian sectors Eastern Boarder of the Soviet Union...started giving my Band Member what can only be described as a public interogation. This guy was one mean SOB and given at the time Reagan was in office and I believe this was after the Evil Empire Speech...but anyone could see that the West Germans...and even the Stasi...were sick and tired of the Russians and especially when they could just look upon West Berlin which was a thriving Business dotted city....and know that if their family had just been on the other side when the wall went up...they could have lived in the U.S. Sector as Berlin being on the Soviet side of the country but still cut in two into U.S. and Soviet halves which the Soviets had tried very hard to take over the city by building the wall and shutting down all travel thus the Berlin Airlift...the Germans RESENTED the Russians and this included Bernard and Henrick.

The moment they saw this Russian starting crap with my guy and spoiling what was a fairly bad event free trip and show in East Berlin...they walked over slowly and of what I picked up...they said that it was their job to question the Americans and then they said something to the effect of...Do not interfere...and something like...the Russian was spoiling some kind of sting or maybe surveillance...and that the Russians boss would be told about it.

These Stasi actually taught me a Drinking song which I understand but cannot spell the German...It goes...Drink, Drink, Brederline Drink...Laus ala sorgen su haus.

That means...Drink, Drink, Brothers lets drink...Leave all your troubles at home.

It just goes to show you that people are basically the same around the world if one can get around Religion and Ideology. And there was nothing more unlikely than a Patriot like myself becoming friends with two Communist Stasi East German Secret Police...but it happened because the guy LOVED his son and daughter.

Split Infinity