LTspice XVII error message, please help!

nornandxor

Joined Dec 11, 2017
I was working on a circuit today and things seemed just fine until I clicked "run" and got this error message : "Couldn't open library file "MyDigital.lib".

Any idea why am getting this error?

I attached the circuit below.

Note: I couldn't have the TLP350 component in the circuit unless I have it in the same folder of the circuit, so I attached them both here.

Thanks

Attachments

eetech00

Joined Jun 8, 2013
Hi

Did you autogenerate the symbol from within LTSpice? I ask because the file MyDigital.Lib is embedded in the symbol file and is specified as the SpiceModel property value of the symbol.

If this is the model from Toshiba, it is encrypted for PSpice so it is unusable in LTspice.

eT

Last edited:

nornandxor

Joined Dec 11, 2017
Hi

Did you autogenerate the symbol from within LTSpice? I ask because the file MyDigital.Lib is embedded in the symbol file and is specified as the SpiceModel property value of the symbol.

If this is the model from Toshiba, it is encrypted for PSpice so it is unusable in LTspice.

eT
To be honest, I don't know!!! I just got this model as is, no extra info............ actually I was given the following text file as well (check attached file too):

*PINOUT

* + LED ANODE

* | + LED CATHODE

* | | + POSITIVE POWER

* | | | + OUTPUT

* | | | | + POWER COMMON

* | | | | |

.SUBCKT TLP350 A K VC VO VG

B1 VXX1 0 V=LIMIT(400*I(V1),0,1)

R1 N004 0 100K

B2 N005 VG V=IF(V(Q)*V(VC,VG)/30,MIN(V(Q)*V(VC,VG),34),0)

R2 VO N005 2

A1 N004 0 0 0 0 0 N001 0 SCHMITT Vt=.375 Vh=.225

D1 A N006 IRLED

V1 N006 K 0

R4 VC VG 1G

R3 Q N002 385

C2 Q 0 10p

D2 N001 N002 DIDEAL

R6 N002 N001 290

R7 N004 N003 500

C3 N004 0 100p

R8 N003 VXX1 500

D3 N004 N003 DIDEAL

************ MODELS USED ***************

.MODEL IRLED D (IS=44P RS=42M N=3.25 BV=4 IBV=10U

+ CJO=35P VJ=.75 M=.333 TT=4.32U)
.model ideal d

.ENDS TLP350

Attachments

nornandxor

Joined Dec 11, 2017
Hi

I fixed the symbol and model file.
I didn't verify the model behavior.
Use the attached files.
Thank you so much eetech for your efforts to help me out.... i will try it and let you know once i get off work later this evening... thanks again

Hi

eT
Hii eetech,

actually i have also the same problem. But i donot know exactly what i have to do in order to solve this issue
this is my error *Could not open library file AUIR08152S*

I get the Spice model from here:

https://www.infineon.com/cms/en/product/power/gate-driver-ics/auir08152s/#!simulation

Now what i do only is, autogenerate the symbol from this spice model and take this symbol into my circuit only.
- Then I open the *Component attribute Editor* nd place the name of the IC in the Value.
- Then i go into * Edit Text on the Schematic* and choose Spice.lib directive & place the link below .lib AUIR08152S.txt

When i click on the Run. The Fatal error comes *Could not open library file AUIR08152S*

I make one folder in which i place all these files. This Folder location is at my desktop and my LTSPICE is install in universal location where windows install and in Programmer
Simulation mit NPN.asc
AUIR08152S.txt
Also the Spi file of this model which i have mention through the link.

Kindly tell me in brief actually what mistake i m doing right now.

I m axiously waiting for your reply.

Attachments

eetech00

Joined Jun 8, 2013
Hii eetech,

actually i have also the same problem. But i donot know exactly what i have to do in order to solve this issue
this is my error *Could not open library file AUIR08152S*

I get the Spice model from here:

https://www.infineon.com/cms/en/product/power/gate-driver-ics/auir08152s/#!simulation

Now what i do only is, autogenerate the symbol from this spice model and take this symbol into my circuit only.
- Then I open the *Component attribute Editor* nd place the name of the IC in the Value.
- Then i go into * Edit Text on the Schematic* and choose Spice.lib directive & place the link below .lib AUIR08152S.txt

When i click on the Run. The Fatal error comes *Could not open library file AUIR08152S*

I make one folder in which i place all these files. This Folder location is at my desktop and my LTSPICE is install in universal location where windows install and in Programmer
Simulation mit NPN.asc
AUIR08152S.txt
Also the Spi file of this model which i have mention through the link.

Kindly tell me in brief actually what mistake i m doing right now.

I m axiously waiting for your reply.
Hi

You did everything right except the model file from Infineon has an error.
Attached is "fixed" version. Try this one

eT

Attachments

Hi

You did everything right except the model file from Infineon has an error.
Attached is "fixed" version. Try this one

eT
Thanks it works. but i cannot able to see the waveforms. When i click on the Run button. It shows a Text file showing me the current and voltage. I need to check at the output any voltage. I cannot access to the waveform task bar. Why is it so ??

Thanks atleast you make it in Working Condition

Thanks

Have a nice weekend.

Best Regards,
Maaz

ericgibbs

Joined Jan 29, 2010
hi eetech,
I will rerun it see if I can find the problem at my end, just changed over to Win 10 and LTS XVII.

E

Update:
This is what I get for the full circuit, post#9, tran set for 5m

Attachments

Last edited: