LT Spice help with adding this "S1" switch to my circuit.

Tonyr1084

Joined Sep 24, 2015
The "Library" folder is a hidden folder. Figured out how to access it and found it. Found everything but the standard.mos file. Even did a search through all files including hidden files and didn't find one. There MUST be one I would imagine. Anyway, it's 3:30 AM and I just got home from the hospital. A friend is sick. Not Covid. Will be back after I get some sleep.

Alec_t

Joined Sep 17, 2013
I'm not familiar with the Mac way of organising files. Did you check the location Helmuts suggests in the first link Eric provided?
On a Windows10 PC, LTS saves its files in two places, but only looks in the ...Users/Username/Documents/... path when running a sim. Perhaps there are two possible saved file locations on a Mac?

Last edited:

Tonyr1084

Joined Sep 24, 2015
iMac: Click "GO". Press "OPTION". Library folder will appear in the dropdown.

When I open the library and navigate to where I've been told the standard.mod file would be but didn't find one. Deleted my former LT Spice and installed the latest and still couldn't find it. I have no idea why I can not succeed in this. But thanks to all who have been helping.

[edit] When I search for "standard" I get a bunch of stuff. When I add ".mod" all I get is the definition of "standard". Looks like it's not there to be found.

Tonyr1084

Joined Sep 24, 2015
Here's another one of my screwups. You said:
Paste it into the lib\cmp\standard.mos file.
Finally found it when I navigated to the CMP folder. DUH! Whaddanidiot!

Well, I've pasted it in. I guess next thing (after saving) is to restart LT Spice.

I'm the only guy who can walk down the spare tire isle at the grocery store and not find any spare tires. When I ask for help someone walks me into the isle and points. "OH GEEZ! How'd I miss that?!"

Thanks. Going to restart my Spice.

Tonyr1084

Joined Sep 24, 2015
At last - success. Thanks all for that.

Going to start a new thread because I'm having yet another issue with LT Spice. Will edit this post to link to the new thread.

[edit] Here's the link to the new thread (unless mod's move the thread because I don't know where to put it)

Last edited: