LT spice -Analysis failed

eslamallam

Joined Oct 26, 2019
So I recently started using LT spice to help me with studying circuit analysis and it has been really great so far.except for this one circuit that is refusing to run for some reason. Every time I try to run it i get the error message: analysis failed: iteration limit reached.

here's the circuit I'm trying to run.
1572111077785.png

the problem seems to be connected to the current dependent current source (B1) because it runs just fine when i change the multi from *2 to *1 .
I have no idea why it's happening though. I would really appreciate your input on this matter and thanks in advance :3.

Alec_t

Joined Sep 17, 2013
If the B1 multiplier is 1.75 some circuit voltages reach tens of megaVolts. I suspect (could be wrong) if the multiplier is 2 that some number limit of LTS is exceeded, so the impossible is being attempted.

eetech00

Joined Jun 8, 2013
So I recently started using LT spice to help me with studying circuit analysis and it has been really great so far.except for this one circuit that is refusing to run for some reason. Every time I try to run it i get the error message: analysis failed: iteration limit reached.

here's the circuit I'm trying to run.
View attachment 189763

the problem seems to be connected to the current dependent current source (B1) because it runs just fine when i change the multi from *2 to *1 .
I have no idea why it's happening though. I would really appreciate your input on this matter and thanks in advance :3.
Can you show the example you are working from?

eT