Woops, thats funny, LOL. Your right, I will try the capacitor from R1/R2 to ground, that should make it less sensitive to spikes, about a 1/4 second or so.
Woops, thats funny, LOL. Your right, I will try the capacitor from R1/R2 to ground, that should make it less sensitive to spikes, about a 1/4 second or so.
Thats a very elegant solution, Thank you very much, this is turning out better than I had dreamed.Note that D1 and C1 have been added. This is to help provide stability for the voltage detector IC's supply during cranking.
I suggest that you start with a value of 1uF for C2; that will give about 20mS lag. I suggest you don't go more than about 5uF. Use caps rated for 50v or higher, or your leakage rate may be excessive. Use high-temp caps.
Good plan.I have a female here but I can't find a circuit I like, so I'm going to leave the hysteria out.![]()