Looking for slide switch KNOB...

Thread Starter


Joined Nov 29, 2005
Hello all.
Anyone knows where to buy this slide switch KNOB assembly, as shown on the picture, or very similar ? NOT the magnetic reed switch element under it.



Joined Jul 11, 2016
your question contains (possibly) your answer
nope my enlish skills do not allow describing for the search engine the magnet slider for Reed ON-OFF switch ← or then there is no such products (which i doubt ...)


Joined Sep 30, 2009
Most things like that are proprietary, made by the manufacturer for the product. Maybe go to a dollar type store or Walmart to find something cheap using one and adapt it to your needs. Or like Alec said make one.


Joined Jan 18, 2008
Slide switches are pretty much the rule in model airplanes -- much harder than toggle switches to change accidentally.

Here's a JR example: 1574465971401.png

Usually black, rather than red actuator. As for that metal face plate/bezel, I have never seen anything exactly like that. If the old one is lost, I would just cobble something from half hard aluminum (3000 series). It's very easy to work and very common.

Thread Starter


Joined Nov 29, 2005
Thanks, gentlemen.
jpanhalt : Use is to 100m sea depth, actuating magnetic reed switches; embedded in the red 'knob' there is a Nd magnet. Making one is not too much of a problem, dozens is :(
(Picture is from a scuba light, there is no hole towards internals under the knob)