Looking for a DPDT slide switch....

Status
Not open for further replies.

DerStrom8

Joined Feb 20, 2011
Hi guys. I've been searching for a while now and couldn't seem to find the switch I'm looking for.

I need a small DPDT slide-switch with a A68-A31 package (according to Eagle). I've attached a picture with dimensions of what I'm looking for. Does anyone know where I can get one of these, whether you have some to sell, or just have a link to an online store that carries them? I would very much appreciate any help. Thanks guys!

Attachments

DerStrom8

Joined Feb 20, 2011
I'm also looking for some of these connectors, but since I don't know what they're called, it's making things difficult. Hopefully you guys can help :D

I'll need two of the 2-pin connectors and one of the 3-pin connectors. Thoughts? Ideas?

Thanks!

DerStrom8

Joined Feb 20, 2011
Thanks a lot for the suggestion. So far I'm finding tons of switches with .1" spacing between the rows, but none with .2" spacing....

praondevou

Joined Jul 9, 2011
Really hard to find. Might be easier create your own component if you don't find existing switches with the correct pin pitch in your library.

DerStrom8

Joined Feb 20, 2011
Really hard to find. Might be easier create your own component if you don't find existing switches with the correct pin pitch in your library.
Building my own switch would be kind of difficult, I think :D I'm assembling this board and am in need of a real-life switch for it ;)

I think I might have found someone who can source the switches, but that leaves me with the connectors. Does anyone recognize the footprint of the connectors in the second post? I don't know what they're called. All I know is that they're in the "con-amp-mt" Eagle library, under the name L02P (for the 2-pin ones), and L03P (for the 3-pin ones). I'm looking for a supplier for these connectors.

I very much appreciate your help! :)

Best wishes

praondevou

Joined Jul 9, 2011
Building my own switch would be kind of difficult, I think :D I'm assembling this board and am in need of a real-life switch for it ;)

I think I might have found someone who can source the switches, but that leaves me with the connectors. Does anyone recognize the footprint of the connectors in the second post? I don't know what they're called. All I know is that they're in the "con-amp-mt" Eagle library, under the name L02P (for the 2-pin ones), and L03P (for the 3-pin ones). I'm looking for a supplier for these connectors.

I very much appreciate your help! :)

Best wishes
LOL. I meant creating the component layout of a real-life switch in your EAGLE library... :rolleyes:

praondevou

Joined Jul 9, 2011
I'm also looking for some of these connectors, but since I don't know what they're called, it's making things difficult. Hopefully you guys can help :D

I'll need two of the 2-pin connectors and one of the 3-pin connectors. Thoughts? Ideas?

Thanks!
What's the pitch?

DerStrom8

Joined Feb 20, 2011
LOL. I meant creating the component layout of a real-life switch in your EAGLE library... :rolleyes:
Hahaha, oops :D

Unfortunately, the boards have already been made. I should have sourced the components before ordering the boards. I'll definitely be more careful about that next time :rolleyes:

JohnInTX

Joined Jun 26, 2012
The 600 series M2 footprint (and likely others) has your spacing as well. Probably much less $$ than NKK. Mouser has them.

http://www.e-switch.com/Portals/0/Series_Pdf/600.pdf

It looks like an AMP MTA-100 or CST-100 II series would do the job. At least, these are common series that you can actually buy. The catalog link from this page has drawings and variants. Mouser has the CST-100 series in stock.
http://www.te.com/catalog/bin/TE.Co...86009,97841,72701,50818,52709,98284,98331&N=1

Unfortunately, the boards have already been made. I should have sourced the components before ordering the boards. I'll definitely be more careful about that next time
I've made that mistake, too. Over time, I have built my own library of components as I source them, some new, some updated from Eagle's libs but always with a real manufacturer's and Mouser/Digikey/Newark/Allied etc part number. Just copy/paste onto the order form as I lay out the board.

Last edited:

DerStrom8

Joined Feb 20, 2011
Here is a switch that conforms to your dimensions. As for the connector, look for a "shrouded male header".
Wow, $4.55 for a switch? :eek:

Thanks very much for the suggestions. Especially regarding the connector. Now I have a place to start :)

The 600 series M2 footprint (and likely others) has your spacing as well. Probably much less $$ than NKK. Mouser has them.

http://www.e-switch.com/Portals/0/Series_Pdf/600.pdf

It looks like an AMP MTA-100 or CST-100 II series would do the job. At least, these are common series that you can actually buy. The catalog link from this page has drawings and variants. Mouser has the CST-100 series in stock.
http://www.te.com/catalog/bin/TE.Co...86009,97841,72701,50818,52709,98284,98331&N=1

I've made that mistake, too. Over time, I have built my own library of components as I source them, some new, some updated from Eagle's libs but always with a real manufacturer's and Mouser/Digikey/Newark/Allied etc part number. Just copy/paste onto the order form as I lay out the board.
These links were very helpful, thank you :) I appreciate the help!

The motor connectors, do you need connectors, or can you use these?

BG Micro - Stackable blocks
I could probably use those, but I would prefer the regular connectors. I could use these as a last resort, if I absolutely had to.

Status
Not open for further replies.