Lookie what I scored from schooll =D

Overclocked2300

Joined Apr 24, 2005
Originally posted by Amplifier@Apr 26 2005, 08:57 PM
Yeah Mr. P finally got rid of those...

What do you plan on doing with them?
[post=7289]Quoted post[/post]​

Who the hell are u..lol

They arent a pile of ****..they have some prettuy good parts in them..a variac or 2..AS huge ass transformer and some TO3 Heatsinks..dials knobs..etc all that good stuff..

Hopefully the transformer isnt an isolation transformer and its like a 38V transformer because the panel does have something to vary voltage...

Forgot to mention there are some computer grade caps too..

and oh to answer your question...I dunno ..parts just to have it... The transformer I could use..Its pretty big so it must be able to output alot of current. The heatsinks I can definatly use. I am going to build some type of high wattage amp and had TO3 transistors.

mozikluv

Joined Jan 22, 2004
hi,

looks like you're excited with your acquisition, anyway do you know how to test a shorted transformer. you can use the caps for experiments but not for long term use. remember used caps has a low reliability factor whether high or low grade. it's always best to use new caps for any project.

Amplifier

Joined Oct 18, 2004
Originally posted by Overclocked2300@Apr 26 2005, 09:44 PM
Who the hell are u..lol

They arent a pile of ****..they have some prettuy good parts in them..a variac or 2..AS huge ass transformer and some TO3 Heatsinks..dials knobs..etc all that good stuff..

Hopefully the transformer isnt an isolation transformer and its like a 38V transformer because the panel does have something to vary voltage...

Forgot to mention there are some computer grade caps too..

and oh to answer your question...I dunno ..parts just to have it... The transformer I could use..Its pretty big so it must be able to output alot of current. The heatsinks I can definatly use. I am going to build some type of high wattage amp and had TO3 transistors.
[post=7292]Quoted post[/post]​
Mikey Gs brother's friend, a junior.

Overclocked2300

Joined Apr 24, 2005
Originally posted by mozikluv@Apr 27 2005, 03:24 AM
hi,

looks like you're excited with your acquisition, anyway do you know how to test a shorted transformer. you can use the caps for experiments but not for long term use. remember used caps has a low reliability factor whether high or low grade. it's always best to use new caps for any project.
[post=7300]Quoted post[/post]​

Ya use the the ohms setting on a multimeter. A teacher of mine gave me a vacuum tube meter, but I have a digital meter as well.

mozikluv

Joined Jan 22, 2004
hi

you can use the ohmmeter to check for continuity but not for shorted primary wire or secondarywire. even if you ready the resistance it still not give you the indication that it is shorted.

Overclocked2300

Joined Apr 24, 2005
Originally posted by mozikluv@Apr 27 2005, 09:25 PM
hi

you can use the ohmmeter to check for continuity but not for shorted primary wire or secondarywire. even if you ready the resistance it still not give you the indication that it is shorted.
[post=7326]Quoted post[/post]​
Then how do u check for shorts and opens?

mozikluv

Joined Jan 22, 2004
hi

ok, watch for it in the "transformer projects" it's good this thing came up, i hve it in mind to post it but never came up to do it. i'll have to draw the circuit, it's nothing complicated but surely helps.

Overclocked2300

Joined Apr 24, 2005
Originally posted by mozikluv@Apr 28 2005, 09:41 PM
hi

ok, watch for it in the "transformer projects" it's good this thing came up, i hve it in mind to post it but never came up to do it. i'll have to draw the circuit, it's nothing complicated but surely helps.
[post=7363]Quoted post[/post]​

if u dont mind..can I guess what it is? A simple circuit with a LED or a diode with a meter.

IF the diode lights the the transformer has no opens..hmm but what about shorts..hmm..

mozikluv

Joined Jan 22, 2004
hi overclock2300,

check the transformer project topic, i have posted the circuit since i believe it would be more appropiate if i post it there.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R General Electronics Chat 0
T General Electronics Chat 22
A General Electronics Chat 11