Logisim 20Bit sync count Up with parallel load input for the 4 most significant bits

kirekhar

Joined Dec 22, 2017
i wanted to make a 20Bit sync count Up with parallel load input for the 4 most significant bits in logisim but i have no idea how to start.
Can someone help please ?

absf

Joined Dec 29, 2010
1. Sychronous or asychronous counting?
2. BCD or binary outputs?
3. How are you going to display the outputs?
4. What are the chips do you have / allowed to use?

Show us what you have done so far.

Allen

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
i wanted to make a 20Bit sync count Up with parallel load input for the 4 most significant bits in logisim but i have no idea how to start.
The best advice I can give you is to go back and read the introductory and tutorial material for the software package. We can't be much help if you refuse to spend the time learning the basics. You need to learn how to crawl and walk before trying to run a marathon.

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
Not a lot to go on. Is the problem that you don't know how to make a counter? That you don't know how to make a synchronous counter? That you don't know how to make a parallel load? That you don't know how to make the parallel load only affect the most significant bits? That you don't know how to do something specific in Logisim? That you don't know how to do anything in Logisim?

We don't have crystal balls and we aren't mind readers.

You need to show YOUR best attempt to do YOUR homework. That allows us to see what you are doing and how your are trying to do it so that we can help guide YOU to the next step or to find and fix what you are doing wrong.

absf

Joined Dec 29, 2010
For CMOS, you may use 4029 or 40193.
For TTL, you may use 74LS191 OR 74LS193.

Of course, there are other chips that I didn't mention. But I think the above chips are the easiest to use.

So first download their datasheets using google and decide which one you'd like to begin your design with. You'd need 5 of the same chips to make a 20 bit counter, once you make up your mind.:D

Allen

kirekhar

Joined Dec 22, 2017
For CMOS, you may use 4029 or 40193.
For TTL, you may use 74LS191 OR 74LS193.

Of course, there are other chips that I didn't mention. But I think the above chips are the easiest to use.

So first download their datasheets using google and decide which one you'd like to begin your design with. You'd need 5 of the same chips to make a 20 bit counter, once you make up your mind.:D

Allen
Thanks a lot i will try :)