logic gates: not 1 not 0 but somthing in between, what happened??!!

Discussion in 'Digital Circuit Design' started by Just me1, Sep 5, 2017.

1. Just me1

Thread Starter Member

Sep 3, 2017
    So. I was working on my simulated computer circuit and my simulator uses 5v as high (1) and 0 as low (0)
    But for some reason im getting 2.5v
    should i be worried about the real thing having that? Or is it just something in the simulation, and how do i fix it?

2. Just me1

Thread Starter Member

Sep 3, 2017
    now if any one needs a photo of that part of the circuit, ill upload it

3. ScottWang

Aug 23, 2012
    Yes, you should do that and upload them as 800x600 jpg, and provide some more info.

4. Just me1

Thread Starter Member

Sep 3, 2017
    Ok. Will do soon. at school

5. Just me1

Thread Starter Member

Sep 3, 2017
    This is it

6. ScottWang

Aug 23, 2012
    Is this a school project?

7. ScottWang

Aug 23, 2012
    The photo unclear.

If you use 5V for the cmos Vcc power supply in the real world, normally you won't get 2.5V, unless the ic is damaged.

If you want to check where is the problem then you can split the circuit as 4 parts and simulates each part to make sure which part has problem to get 2.5V.

8. Just me1

Thread Starter Member

Sep 3, 2017
    Alright. Thanks, btw im at shool and my pc is at home so new pic will come later then

9. Just me1

Thread Starter Member

Sep 3, 2017
    Might be the vcc, becouse my simulator doesnt use the pin and just has magic power out of nowhere

10. Just me1

Thread Starter Member

Sep 3, 2017
    No. But when im finished with school 2 yrs im going to do OR designing and finding and solving the problems in circuits OR be someone who fixes it ( soldering, measuring etc. ) but im not sure what i am going to choose, but that i will see in the future

11. bertus

Administrator

Apr 5, 2008
    Hello,

I made some comments on your picture:

Just_20170905_071551_comment.jpg
    Bertus

PS can you post a screenshot of the circuit, that will be sharper as a picture with your phone.

12. WBahn

Mar 31, 2012
    You've got several gates that have floating inputs. That is very bad in real life. How simulators handle it varies quite a bit.

It would really help if you could tell us WHICH signals on that schematic are misbehaving and what the signals are on all of the gates that feed into those signals.

Also, is this part of some big, complicated schematic that was all put together before any of it was simulated at all?

13. Just me1

Thread Starter Member

Sep 3, 2017
    I simulated them individually and after that i put it all together, first i had the alu with manual inputs, but now i added ram and registers, but after that i removed the ram becouse it lagged way too much for me, and im used to lag, but it is the register read function that isnt working properly, the register is the same as the ram, only 4 bits less and only 1 adress,

When i tested the register read and just about every function with logic inputs there was no problem, and after i connected it to the counter stuff went wrong

14. Just me1

Thread Starter Member

Sep 3, 2017
    I dont remember which signal. Cant screenshot right now becouse im not at home, will do when i get there

15. Just me1

Thread Starter Member

Sep 3, 2017
    Yea. But my pc is old and isnt connected to the internet, so i have to make a screenshot, and put it on a usb and then into the laptop

16. Just me1

Thread Starter Member

Sep 3, 2017
    You guys need to see the whole thing or the problem area?

17. Just me1

Thread Starter Member

Sep 3, 2017
    The problem is solved by magic, and now it could load a or b and also add and sub, no. It cannot add and sub yet. The register doesnt stay on at loading. But thats an easy fix.

Thanks for your efforts WBahn , bertus , and ScottWang !! :)