Logic Gates Info!! :)

Jover Paul Panaguiton

Joined Jul 11, 2016
Hi guys, this is my first time and i haven't read the rules, sorry if there is anything wrong about my post :)
i just want to ask about Logic Gates!!
My teacher gave us a quiz about this logic gate, and I'm confused about this variables!!

CD and CD'

are they the same? or not?

by the way, this is the logic gate that our teacher gave to us >>
{A+[B(CD')]}+E << Thank you :)

Jover Paul Panaguiton

Joined Jul 11, 2016
Thank you for all the reply's guys.. but i only need to know if there the same.. FROM YOUR OPINIONS!! .. i dont need to do truth table.. i just want to know if they are the same :)

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
Thank you for all the reply's guys.. but i only need to know if there the same.. FROM YOUR OPINIONS!! .. i dont need to do truth table.. i just want to know if they are the same :)
Ah, I see. You don't want to understand whether or not they are the same or to make any attempt to figure out whether they are the same, you just want to take an opinion poll of what other people think and that's all the more effort you feel you need to put in.

But, I guess that is quite consistent with not feeling any need to read the rules you agreed to when you joined.

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
Opinions are like elbows -- everybody has one. If our opinion was that you should fall down and cripple yourself -- would you?

Last edited:

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
Are you aware of the ability to express your question as a poll? That way, I could submit your question to Watter's World and give you the definitive polled result. I think the definitive answer would be huh? (option #3)

John

Jover Paul Panaguiton

Joined Jul 11, 2016
oh my god, I'm sorry guys but there has been a Type ERROR!!..

i mean CD' and (CD)'

Aw... This is what I mean... tsk not this one > CD and CD' < SORRY GUYS!! there is some mistake, and I just make you guys a little bit confused :( sorry .. thank you anyways :)

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
oh my god, I'm sorry guys but there has been a Type ERROR!!..

i mean CD' and (CD)'

Aw... This is what I mean... tsk not this one > CD and CD' < SORRY GUYS!! there is some mistake, and I just make you guys a little bit confused :( sorry .. thank you anyways :)
Is there ANY chance that you're now willing to actually make some effort to try to answer your own question by doing a truth table for both of those and comparing them?

hobbyist

Joined Aug 10, 2008
I think where your getting confused is that you see both CD together in both propositions, however use algebraic rules for parenthesis, that should help.