Logic gates and short circuits

soooo.... if you read the for mentioned post, (all of them) go by the rules, (ohms law and such) if you do the detailed diagram you will find your own problem ... this means no short cuts or short descriptions. or was the point to check every ones stress levels...ha ha you got us. good stress break.

hp1729

Joined Nov 23, 2015
Hey AAC!

I'm making a spiking neural network using hardware as a bit of a challenge for myself, but I've run into a problem with my logic gates. For my synapse update circuitry, I need an IMPLIES gate, and I know how to make one but my version involves the inevitable shorting of my power supply which prevents me from having any other components. Really, I get this problem whenever I make some kind of digital inverter, be it a NOT, a NAND, or my IMPLIES gate. If anybody has designs for inverters that don't involve a direct connection to ground, or manage to avoid shorting the power supply, I'd love to hear it. :D

Cheers,
microchipsndip
This looks like a return to RTL logic. I don't follow your reasoning for an Implies gate. It is a buffer with a disable input. The reason classes study prior history is so we don't repeat the mistakes of our predecessors.
No "shorts" if it is built as your design shows.

hp1729

Joined Nov 23, 2015
Neural networks? Sounds like it is intended to simulate brain functions???
Brains do not work on digital values. We are analog.
The signals from eyes to brain, ears to brain, nose to brain, body to brain ... are analog voltages. Our memories are thus, not digital. Our thoughts are analog and picture oriented. We must translate pictures to words to communicate a thought. The thought or memory itself is analog and graphic.

still no complete diagram and still talking make believe. diagram please... something solid PLZZZZZ...

other responses: analog ...no...no...no. digital ...its shorted.

DickCappels

Joined Aug 21, 2008
Maybe you want something unusual. Is it your desire to make a logic circuit with an output that switches between two voltages but does not go all the way down to ground?

Last edited by a moderator:

hp1729

Joined Nov 23, 2015
still no complete diagram and still talking make believe. diagram please... something solid PLZZZZZ...

other responses: analog ...no...no...no. digital ...its shorted.
What does "digital" have to do with "shorted"?
Why are you trying to simulate in logic that is analog? The brain is not digital.

Really, I get this problem whenever I make some kind of digital inverter, be it a NOT, a NAND, or my IMPLIES gate. If anybody has designs for inverters that don't involve a direct connection to ground, or manage to avoid shorting the power supply, I'd love to hear it.
what is the logic level of a short. and when the short is gone it is not "0".

Trying to be Humorous. malapropism is the use of an incorrect word in place of a word with a similar sound, resulting in a nonsensical, often humorous

just trying to get a response. thanks hp1729.

dannyf

Joined Sep 13, 2015
know how to make one but my version involves the inevitable shorting of my power supply which prevents me from having any other components.
two things are clear. one, you have a peculiar definition of shorting. two, you may not know as well as you think yoy do.

two potential solutions. one , power hour gates separately. Two, forget about your problems as there really is none.

kubeek

Joined Sep 20, 2005
three, microchips-n-dip hasn´t been here since he made post #11 at Nov 9, 2016.
I think we are missing an emoticon with a dead horse and a club ;)