Lockout Buzzer System

Ronmad

Joined Sep 14, 2007
Hey guys, im new to these forums and I'm wondering if i can get some help on a project that im working on. Im making a game show buzzer system for my school and i realized that i screwed up big time on it, and have no idea how to fix it. I followed a schematic incorrectly which required i used two huge 1/4" audio jack connecters, but instead used a single 4-pin phone jack to wire them instead. To make this a bit more clear, here is the schematic i used.

NCSB Lockout Buzzer Schematic

The problem i have, is that the way it was supposed to be built is that the pin 18 would go through a student unit's circuit and end at 19, which would connect to the 18 of the next unit and so on until it connected to the main base. I basically made it different so that instead of linking together, the student units would be connected to phone jacks on the main base, and there all cables of an assigned number (ex: 18). This changes things drastically, and so when i press a button nothing happens, and im not good enough at circuits to figure it out. I know it's really hard to understand what exactly i was doing with what i gave, so ill put up a crude drawing of the setup i have. Any help would be appreciated, i really need to finish this thing by the end of the month. Thank you.

hgmjr

Joined Jan 28, 2005
moz,

It looks like the problem with the figure has been fixed so you should be able to access it now.

hgmjr

hgmjr

Joined Jan 28, 2005
It is not that clear to me how you have change the wiring. Can you draw a diagram of the way you have it connected now?

The right-most student box in the diagram of your initial post appears to have a slightly different wiring than the one shown in the middle of the diagram. I suspect that the wiring in the right-most student box should be identical to the wiring in the middle student box for the system to work properly.

hgmjr

spook2345

Joined Dec 1, 2007
Hello. I am trying to build a similar buzzer system to the NCSB schematic above. Does anyone know where I can get the 4PDT relay. I tried looking for it on radioshack.com but I could not find it. Any help will be much appreciated. Thank you.