3.S = Vout/displacement = 2/5x10^-5 = 40 kv/m
4. Displacement = -15 x 10^-5
Vout = Displacement x S = 6v

im i correct?

Attachments

Last edited:

MrAl

Joined Jun 17, 2014
You could look up the word differential.
Think. Sensitivity would be measured in what units?

Long time ago we used these in very sensitive weight scales used for weighing animal organs after the animal was subject to different drugs. In that application the LVDT was forced to stay centered via a strong coil with a controlled current going through it. The level of current it takes to keep it centered when a weight is placed on the scale platform determined the force needed and therefore the weight of the object.

mussa

Joined Jun 10, 2019
i
You could look up the word differential.
Think. Sensitivity would be measured in what units?

Long time ago we used these in very sensitive weight scales used for weighing animal organs after the animal was subject to different drugs. In that application the LVDT was forced to stay centered via a strong coil with a controlled current going through it. The level of current it takes to keep it centered when a weight is placed on the scale platform determined the force needed and therefore the weight of the object.
i know deferential is showing the difference, but in this case isn't it about coil movement?
And how about the rest r they correct ?

MrAl

Joined Jun 17, 2014
It looks like 2 is correct but not the other.

See here:
https://www.te.com/usa-en/industries/sensor-solutions/insights/lvdt-tutorial.html

You should try to calculate the sensitivity first. That will help answer the other question. Sensitivity means what output you get for what change, the change here being the input which is the shaft movement.

Also as a side note, note the "null position repeatability" characteristic. That was a principle used in the weigh scales i mentioned. That's what made those scales so accurate and with high resolution so they could be used in animal drug studies.