light to communicate

thisdudeneedshelp

Joined Feb 16, 2009
I have a project that I need to create. I have to create some type of electrical circuit machine that can send six visual cues using lights. The lights will signal my lab partner to complete a certain movement. It also has to be able to send more than one cue at a time. We have to submit a diagram of our circuits before we can experiment. Any ideas? As my name says, I need help!

thisdudeneedshelp

Joined Feb 16, 2009
Ya I think if I use different colour LEDs, then each colour can signal a different movement. I have to be able to control each LED seperatley, but they need to be able to flash at the same time as well. Once the machine is made and we have our "code", the teacher will use the code to make a series of movements that we need to execute based on what we created. For example we may have a red light flash to signal a right step forward. I could really use some type of diagram showing the connections so that I can get started on building it. Thanks for the reply.

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
For individual control of LED's, just a SPST switch, the LED, a current limiting resistor and a DC source are all you need. Close the switch and the LED glows.