LED help!!

ekremgusani

Joined Mar 20, 2011
AE701C5F-90DC-49D2-91A3-7B13E693F0B9.jpeg I have 3 pin led green-red common cathode.
I want the green to be power indicator only and when the sensor siren is triggered i want the red led to turn on and green off.
At the present circuit when the sensor siren is triggered i am getting both red and green led on making the orange led.
Please reply with schematic if possible. Thanks.

Bernard

Joined Aug 7, 2008
Drive the green LED with a PNP transistor like 2N2906 with a 1k1 current limit R, Base 9k in series with 1k to ground. Cathode to +12 V. Connect motion sensor to junction. Connect red LED in series with 820 R between junction & ground.
Sorry, scanner down-still. You might draw it out & corrections can be made if necessary.

Last edited:

ekremgusani

Joined Mar 20, 2011
Drive the green LED with a NPN transistor like 2N2906 with a 1k1 current limit R, Base 9k in series with 1k to ground. Connect motion sensor to junction. Connect red LED in series with 820 R between junction & ground.
Sorry, scanner down-still.
Thank you Bernard but i can’t understand but i can read the schematic, would appreciate if u can draw the circuit. Sorry about that i am new at electronics..

Reloadron

Joined Jan 15, 2015
Here is another example of what Bernard is getting at:
LED Alternate.png

R1 and R2 are chosen based on your LED.V2 just simulates your switch. Q1 is just a common PNP switching transistor. The circuit is a very common off the shelf circuit. It should do what you are looking to do.

Ron