LCD tutorial

edgehead

Joined Feb 15, 2007
Hello Guys!!
I need tutorials on how to display characters on an lcd. It should be in assembly language and I am using a PIC16F84A MCU. Basic tutorials and sample programs are deeply appreciated. Thanks!!!

hgmjr

Joined Jan 28, 2005
Hello Guys!!
I need tutorials on how to display characters on an lcd. It should be in assembly language and I am using a PIC16F84A MCU. Basic tutorials and sample programs are deeply appreciated. Thanks!!!
Did you have a specific LCD display module (part number?) in mind?

hgmjr

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
Hello Guys!!
You should be aware of the PIC16F84A Datasheet, and as hgmjr mentions it would be an advantage to know what LCD module you intend to use. Aquaint yourself with this PIC introduction tutorial, and when you are comfortable with the device come back and be more specific with your query (i.e. when you need specific help with an aspect of configuring the PIC16F84A m/c) - I think you will struggle to find someone who will just give you some working source code.

Dave

edgehead

Joined Feb 15, 2007
I am using a 16x2 Hitachi lcd. I have a basic knowledge on programming pic's but I'm having a hard time on using an lcd.

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
Does Hitachi recccommend a driver for the display? Unless there's a specific need to use only the PIC, life is made simpler by using application-specific IC's.

Abdo375

Joined Jan 7, 2007
I've done LCD interfacing to the computer using x86 assembly and the parallel port, if you still need help just replay here and I'll look for the code for you.
btw a friend of mine did the interfacing using a PIC but in C.