LCD interfering with ICSP?

MMcLaren

Joined Feb 14, 2010
Mike,

I downloaded the code and had a look at it, but as I previously posted, I know next to nothing about asm. Does your code have the provision for sending "standard" control characters to the LCD?

Thanks.
Do you mean "standard ASCII" control characters in the range of 0 through 31, or do you mean "standard HD44780" control codes (with the LCD RS pin set to 0)?

The HD44780 accepts any 8-bit value, 0-255, but my backpack traps any character with a value of 0xF0..0xFF (240-255) and uses it to set a flag to indicate that the following character should be written to the LCD with the RS pin set to 0 (an HD44780 control code).

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
Mike,

I downloaded the code and had a look at it, but as I previously posted, I know next to nothing about asm. Does your code have the provision for sending "standard" control characters to the LCD?

Thanks.
If you want to move to C, I have some code that I have used many times. I will be happy to post it. It allows you to set all of your data bits as you wish.

tracecom

Joined Apr 16, 2010
If you want to move to C, I have some code that I have used many times. I will be happy to post it. It allows you to set all of your data bits as you wish.
I am beginning to wish that I had decided on C instead of PBP, but I suppose anything more than basic is too far over my head. Thanks a bunch for the kind offer.

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
I am beginning to wish that I had decided on C instead of PBP, but I suppose anything more than basic is too far over my head. Thanks a bunch for the kind offer.
C really is not that bad. It only gets messy when you deal with pointers. Like strings.