Let's start out that I'm VERY new to this. I really have no idea as to what I'm doing, I just have an idea.
I'd like to build a simple circuit that would allow me to monitor the voltage & current of external devices, in which a Laptop computer could display/chart the data realtime via USB? Ethernet?
The capabilities would, ideally cover everything from low voltage of under 5VDC/800ma to voltages and currents up to 220VAC/60amps. However, for my immediate needs, I'm looking for 12VDC up to 4amps.
I suppose I could tap into a multimeter, but I have no idea where, nor do I have any idea how to monitor it using a PC.
Thanks in advance!
I'd like to build a simple circuit that would allow me to monitor the voltage & current of external devices, in which a Laptop computer could display/chart the data realtime via USB? Ethernet?
The capabilities would, ideally cover everything from low voltage of under 5VDC/800ma to voltages and currents up to 220VAC/60amps. However, for my immediate needs, I'm looking for 12VDC up to 4amps.
I suppose I could tap into a multimeter, but I have no idea where, nor do I have any idea how to monitor it using a PC.
Thanks in advance!