kymco maxer mobility scooter get it to 10mph (help plz)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zioman

Joined Jan 29, 2017
Hi all, I just got myself a kymco maxer mobility scooter it has already changed my life, ive seen more in 3 days then I had in 3years but I was hoping someone might have the answer to my question, I'm not looking to getting silly speeds but to get it from 8mph to 10mph to use on roads as I live in the middle of nowhere would be so good, thanks for taking the time to read and hopefully have a real answer.

Alec_t

Joined Sep 17, 2013
Welcome to AAC. I suggest you contact the manufacturer to see if there is a setting which can be adjusted to increase the speed. I suspect it's unlikely, though. The maximum speed is dictated by the maximum current which the motor can handle safely.

Zioman

Joined Jan 29, 2017
seems that no one wants to help with any info about the kymco maxer mobility scooter i know it dont sound alot 2 extra mph but for me thats a case of a exter 3 miles in a lot less time, after reading some of the info on this truly amazing site if i was to change the batteries would it mak it faster or will it just burn out the motor, i really cant live witout it but at 8 mph its killing me
so anyone plz help if you can,

ps if going down a little hill it will got to 10.1 or if its a hot day it will go at 8.8 the batters i have in there are 85ahx2
thanks again

Last edited:

Zioman

Joined Jan 29, 2017
One way in increase the max speed from 8 to 10 MPH would be to change to wheels about 25% larger in diameter. ;)
Wheel sizes is 13.2 without chopping up the mud guards don't think the wheels could be changed, but thanks for the Info, a mobility technician hinted that it's got ecu and maybe a speed limiter but couldn't tell me anymore then that, I'm in the middle of no where in Devon the nearest town is 6miles away and yes the UK still uses miles. Again thanks for any help

Status
Not open for further replies.