Keurig coffeemaker pressure problem?

robismod

Joined Sep 22, 2015
Keurig B60 unit. Started having an issue in certain instances to only dispense about half-cup. Using an aftermarket filter basket/canister it would work fine. Any brand of K-cup would only produce about half-cup. Just running water only with no k-cup or canister in place brings a full cup of water…it’s gotten worse and now will only bring a full cup when it’s the water-only-no-canister approach.
Truthfully, it’s rarely been descaled, and a couple weeks ago I tore into it, and found a bunch of fine sand-like material in the hot tank, and some clogging of the lines. After considerable work all of that was cleaned out…
Air pump was replaced but changed nothing. The water pump works fine. I found the solenoid near the pump seems to be “working” as far as when the 12volts is applied and not applied. (It has the voltage on it at all times except when the brewing process is happening, which has been a big complaint for a long time I read)
It appears to be a “pressure” problem of some sort that diverts some water back into the reservoir at times. Or maybe the sensor on the circuit board that is fed by another small tube is getting a pressure reading that the cup “is full”.
I have found a diagram and description of the operation online I’ll try and attach here. It shows TWO solenoids but I can only find one—not sure if models made changes…
I’m going to order another solenoid just in case…I’ve read of many of their failures due to inside breakdowns…
So I’m wondering if anyone here has some ideas? Wife wants to just throw it out but I just can’t let it go…LOL

robismod

Joined Sep 22, 2015
I have the top cover off and can see the hot water tank. After pressing the BREW button for large cup, I hear the pump running, and can watch the tank filling up. After some other “noise” it will then start to pump the water out of the hot tank. About the half-way point in the cup filling I hear a slight “click” and the flow starts to taper off, and a few small spurts of water being directed back into the reservoir tank…