Keil C51 compiler for Windows XP sp3

roxi60

Joined Sep 2, 2018
Hello.
Is there anyone who knows where I can download this compiler (also demo version, doesn't matter)?
I tried on the Keil site, but there the compilers are updated and does not run on Windows XP.

Thank you.

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
I think you are probably out of luck. AFAIK, they never released demo versions of the C51 compiler and the function version cost an arm and a leg. Probably why I never used them.

cmartinez

Joined Jan 17, 2007
Hello.
Is there anyone who knows where I can download this compiler (also demo version, doesn't matter)?
I tried on the Keil site, but there the compilers are updated and does not run on Windows XP.

Thank you.
You could run any compiler version that you want (if it runs under DOS) using the DOSBox utility.

JohnInTX

Joined Jun 26, 2012
Franklin Software marketed Kiel C51 compilers in the US under the Franklin C (MS-DOS) and Proview 32 (Windows XP) names. If you can find one of those, its Kiel. Excellent compilers BTW.

roxi60

Joined Sep 2, 2018
Thank you very much to all, Dana, John, Martinez!

I don't know if this can be used for my purpose:
I would like to run some sample project of Proteus 8051, with small modification only in code and then build, only to see the logic and debug (I know that I can't modify the circuit, but the code yes).
For that I need to install some evaluation or demo of Keil c51that runs in Windows XP.
I don't know with all your suggestions if it is teh case (perhaps with a legacy version...)

Thank you again