Jade Helm 15

tracecom

Joined Apr 16, 2010
Reason, logic, truth, etc.
I don't know anyone, not even a nut job from the right, left, or middle, who doesn't consider himself to be reasonable, logical, and able to discern the truth. Any person who did not see himself as reasonable, logical, and able to discern the truth would change himself. All men don't all believe the same things, so they can't all be right, but they all believe they are. Time will tell.

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
but the scary part is that many in power and not just from TX, say and believe really stupid things.
Like the Democratic congressman that was concerned that stationing more U.S. troops on Guam would cause it to tip over or the Republican senator that thought that 3/5 is greater than 2/3. Lots of other examples from both sides of the aisle (and from other countries, too).

Brownout

Joined Jan 10, 2012
Virtually all Texans I know are great, rational and thinking people, well-educated (including my kids..) I think a better point is that somehow we've allowed idiocy to equate with rational thinking, country wide.
But nowhere in the country has the crazy reached the level it has in Texas, lately. How did all those rational and thinking people allow the patients to take control of the asylum?

Disclosure: I'm from Texas, now far, far from....

strantor

Joined Oct 3, 2010
Alright yall are messin with Texas and everybody knows that's something you just don't do. We read too many of these ungrateful forum posts and we might just secede and take the oil, the beef, the Mexican drugs, and Chuck Norris with us.

Brownout

Joined Jan 10, 2012
We read too many of these ungrateful forum posts and we might just secede and take the oil, the beef, the Mexican drugs, and Chuck Norris with us.
By the way, why do you need to send out the guard when you have Chuck Norris?

Last edited:

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
Alright yall are messin with Texas and everybody knows that's something you just don't do. We read too many of these ungrateful forum posts and we might just secede and take the oil, the beef, the Mexican drugs, and Chuck Norris with us.
Don't get tangled up with the doorknob on the way out.:D

tracecom

Joined Apr 16, 2010
Conspiracies are easy targets for critics, but no one would deny that conspiracies exist. Some are benign, like a wife conspiring with the kids to surprise dad with a birthday party, but others are more sinister. Very few people deny that Richard Nixon conspired with a group of "plumbers" to spy on the democrats, but that story started out as a conspiracy "theory" from a couple of newspaper reporters. As I am fond of saying, we don't know what (or how much) we don't know. Today's conspiracy theory sometimes becomes tomorrow's history. Those who want to stick their head in sand (or wherever) just because something is labeled a "conspiracy theory" do so at their own peril. Some conspiracies turn out to be real; ask any holocaust survivor.

Personally, I don't think Jade Helm 15 is any more of a threat to the American public than any other military exercise, but I readily admit that I don't know. If you want to hear someone talk about it, listen to Coast to Coast AM tonight. The guest there makes his living pimping conspiracy theories, and I don't believe much of what he says. Nevertheless, he can be interesting.

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
Precisely correct!

"No challenge--no challenge--poses a greater threat to future generations than climate change"
President Obama in his State of the Union Address

Not radical Muslim terrorism, not an unsecured border, not an ever-growing federal debt that now exceeds $18 trillion, not the fact that 109 million live in households on federal welfare programs. These are not the greatest threats facing us today. Nope, it's a series of failed climate models used to fit fudged data. :rolleyes:

Brownout

Joined Jan 10, 2012
I thought maybe you'd like to see the entire statement. NASA, NOAA, the Pentagon, etc. all agree. There is no fudged data.

But good job of hijacking, again.

In the Asia Pacific, we are modernizing alliances while making sure that other nations play by the rules -- in how they trade, how they resolve maritime disputes, how they participate in meeting common international challenges like nonproliferation and disaster relief. And no challenge -- no challenge -- poses a greater threat to future generations than climate change. (Applause.)
2014 was the planet’s warmest year on record. Now, one year doesn’t make a trend, but this does: 14 of the 15 warmest years on record have all fallen in the first 15 years of this century.
I’ve heard some folks try to dodge the evidence by saying they’re not scientists; that we don’t have enough information to act. Well, I’m not a scientist, either. But you know what, I know a lot of really good scientists at NASA, and at NOAA, and at our major universities. And the best scientists in the world are all telling us that our activities are changing the climate, and if we don’t act forcefully, we’ll continue to see rising oceans, longer, hotter heat waves, dangerous droughts and floods, and massive disruptions that can trigger greater migration and conflict and hunger around the globe. The Pentagon says that climate change poses immediate risks to our national security. We should act like it.

Last edited: