Ive built a transistor crystal osc using the INFINEON BFR92P at 1.8432MHz. I selected this frequency because I want a pulse width of 2.6uS at 38 kHz, Modulated at 1.25 kHz.
I was going to use logic maybe the 74293 and some gates, but if it all can be done with one 0.60 cent 8 pin PIC I would prefer to use that.
I found this site which already has the code.I know cheater
If it isnt already obvious Im new to PICs so I have a question regarding using an external osc.
Does the PIC prefer sine or TTL input when using an external osc?
I have this DV164121 - Development Tools - PICkit 2 Debug
Do I need anything else to program the PIC12F509-I/SM with the code at the site above?
Would a different oscillator frequency be better?
The site above suggests a PIC12C508 which is twice as much as the PIC12F509-I/SM making it not really cost effective. I cant see any difference between the two after skimming through the 100 plus page datasheet.
THANKS
I was going to use logic maybe the 74293 and some gates, but if it all can be done with one 0.60 cent 8 pin PIC I would prefer to use that.
I found this site which already has the code.I know cheater
Rich (BB code):
http://www.rentron.com/Infrared_Communication.htm
Does the PIC prefer sine or TTL input when using an external osc?
I have this DV164121 - Development Tools - PICkit 2 Debug
Do I need anything else to program the PIC12F509-I/SM with the code at the site above?
Would a different oscillator frequency be better?
The site above suggests a PIC12C508 which is twice as much as the PIC12F509-I/SM making it not really cost effective. I cant see any difference between the two after skimming through the 100 plus page datasheet.
THANKS