Is there an advertisements overdose since the last week ?

Externet

Joined Nov 29, 2005
Hi. Do you get much more advertisements to the point of abuse on the web (Not in all about circuits) ?

About a week ago advertisements/pop-ups have exploded in my compfuser, :mad: last thing I remember was Firefox forcing an upgrade. Yes, I have the Adblock thingy. :(

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
I have experienced this with Google Chrome after visiting a website.
The only solution I have found is to discontinue using Google Chrome and switch to MS Edge.

SamR

Joined Mar 19, 2019
Amazon is typically the source of my advertisement floods. Often, just out of curiosity, I will look for examples of an item on Amazon and then be flooded with advertisements for it over the next month or so. Not so on eBay. Also, MS has gotten into the price shopping app business with the latest releases of MS Edge. I'll be surfing the web and suddenly a small screen pops up to let me know that the price has dropped at such and such a vendor for an item I may have perused to get info on. Very Annoying and yes, I also have ad blockers!

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
Hi. Do you get much more advertisements to the point of abuse on the web (Not in all about circuits) ?

About a week ago advertisements/pop-ups have exploded in my compfuser, :mad: last thing I remember was Firefox forcing an upgrade. Yes, I have the Adblock thingy. :(
I haven't noticed anything different. I use Chrome and Edge.