Is there a 1-bit full adder ic?

kinton cloud 1

Joined Mar 6, 2017
Just like what the title said, is there a 1-bit full adder ic? I asked this since this professor of mine keep insisting that there is a 1-bit full adder but I already search all through out the internet and found nothing, my classmates even ask the local electronic shops in my area (btw, we are making a project but that professor insisted that we must use a 1-bit full adder ic).

If there is one, can anyone tell me what its name?

If there is none I'm planning to use a 2-bit full adder ic (even if there is a deduction in my grade). Is it the 74LS183? I already search this on the internet but I just want to make sure.

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
Since this is school work, finding the IC might be part of the problem.

The IC @bertus suggested is what I found in the Functional Index/Selection Guide in my 1976 TTL Data Book; in a matter of seconds.

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
Just like what the title said, is there a 1-bit full adder ic? I asked this since this professor of mine keep insisting that there is a 1-bit full adder but I already search all through out the internet and found nothing, my classmates even ask the local electronic shops in my area (btw, we are making a project but that professor insisted that we must use a 1-bit full adder ic).

If there is one, can anyone tell me what its name?

If there is none I'm planning to use a 2-bit full adder ic (even if there is a deduction in my grade). Is it the 74LS183? I already search this on the internet but I just want to make sure.
You search all through the internet, huh?

Hmm.

There's this new tool that might help, though it's obscure, hard to find, and even harder to use:

http://bfy.tw/HyjX

But right there is the 7480.

kinton cloud 1

Joined Mar 6, 2017
You search all through the internet, huh?

Hmm.

There's this new tool that might help, though it's obscure, hard to find, and even harder to use:

http://bfy.tw/HyjX

But right there is the 7480.
I already saw that 7480 but the datasheets I see are from the 748X so I thought that's not it. And I'm trying to simulate it in multisim and there is no 7480

it looks like it is wrong to ask here, just ignore this post, gonna work it out myself.

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
If you had to pay for your version of Multisim, you should be able to create your own components.

Since this appears to be homework, we're not supposed to give answers; just guidance.

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
I already saw that 7480 but the datasheets I see are from the 748X so I thought that's not it. And I'm trying to simulate it in multisim and there is no 7480

it looks like it is wrong to ask here, just ignore this post, gonna work it out myself.
So which is it? You searched the entire internet and found nothing? Or you already found the 7480 and decided not to mention that you had already found a 1-bit full adder IC when you asked whether or not such an IC exists?

ebp

Joined Feb 8, 2018
If your adder merely needs to produce the single-bit sum of two bits, you get four adders in a package. If it must also have carry in and/or carry out, I know of no modern 2-bit full adder IC - it just isn't something of much use for anything. There are common devices that can be used to implement a full adder with carry in and carry out in a single IC, but presumably that is not what your prof is referring to.

danadak

Joined Mar 10, 2018
PSOC 4 maybe, you can build in its fabric pretty very diverse HW solutions,
like adders, using one or all of these facilities -

1) LUT
2) Verilog
3) GUI tool

The logic elements available are in attached catalog under digital section. These
you drag and drop onto schematic, then wire them up internally and to external
pins.

There is a low end $ 4 board that would get you started, tools are free.

Regards, Dana.

Attachments

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
PSOC 4 is almost certainly not an option available to the TS for this homework assignment, for which it appears they are expected to use Multisim.

Analog Ground

Joined Apr 24, 2019
Also, checkout SN74H183 or SN74LS183. This is two single adders in one DIP. Is what you really want the logic circuit from the old data books or the actual part? If just the logic diagram, search images on the net for the part. Voila!

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
Given that the assignment was from a year ago, it's a pretty safe bet that the TS isn't still trying to find solutions to this problem.