Is radioshack turning around?

strantor

Joined Oct 3, 2010
I take it you don't think SciFi and Fantasy (I prefer SciFi BTW) qualifies?

Sturgeon's Law, 90% of anything is crap.

These books are as much art as anything else man has produced, opinions nonwithstanding.

As for knowledge, you do know what science fiction is? The word Science in the name should offer some clues. Of course, Sturgeon's Law applies here too.
I don't have any problem with science fiction. I acknowledge that it is art. I was thinking more along the lines of useful information. Like in a 1984 or a Fahrenheit 451 situation where books started being censored or eliminated, I would be scrambling for history books, technical references, medical references, etc. Most important would be history books. Art would be lower on my list and science fiction would be lower in my list of art.

That's not to say I don't like science fiction; of all the movies and books I read, science fiction are usually my favorites. but it's more a guilty pleasure. Science fiction doesn't (in my mind; maybe I don't read enough into it) have all of the metaphors and higher meaning as most of the classics do. It's for entertainment only.

JoeJester

Joined Apr 26, 2005
Do you remember the radio shack commercial ... You got questions, we got answers ... back in the 90s

I decided that the next time I was in radio shack and a salesrep stated that line I would have a question.

So about 94 or so, I walked into a radio shack and was greeted by the sales rep with that line. My response was ... What's the square root of 2. The look on his face was priceless.

contriv4nce

Joined Aug 8, 2011
I've always been disappointed in Radioshack. I strongly believe that it's employees should at least know how to solder, and have a basic understanding of how circuitry works. I really feel that It would be better for them, there would be a higher level of customer respect.

Although lately, I'm feeling better about their inventory. They went from that big drawer cabinet, to having two and a half isles of DIY stuff. They actually carry the IC sockets for the IC's they sell now!

I'm excited to see what else they do, I just hope they don't take the dive back into the DIY world and realize it's not making them money and they retract their promises.

JoeJester

Joined Apr 26, 2005
I just hope they don't take the dive back into the DIY world and realize it's not making them money and they retract their promises.
Supply and demand. Then increased the supply, will the customers demand that supply?