Is it just me and should I not care

ClassOfZero

Joined Dec 28, 2016
Ok I guess many of you think I'm an a##, which I fully understand and I fully deserve.

If someone wants advice on doing something that is, shall will say foolhardy, are repeatedly advised not to proceed, then do.

Should I:
  1. Walk away, who cares what they do
  2. Suggest that it was a bad idea to do so, as they might cause themselves a mischief and just leave it at that
  3. Point out that although they didn't get hurt it may not be in the interest of visitors to this forum to suggest what they did was ok, even tho they didn't get hurt
  4. Shut up as it doesn't matter
  5. Just go away, so as to stop being a public nuisance
  6. Not send a pm trying my best to explain myself
No I'm not trying to be a victim or fishing for sympathy, but I seem to get into this kind of trouble from time to time when it's comes to aspects of safety.

Comments such as "stop being a princess or pussy" are fine, I'm blunt so I'm fine with it return, or some may wish to express themselves more eloquently.

Joined Nov 30, 2010
Click the "report" button and let the Moderators deal with it, then shut up and forget it. It's not your job.
The Moderators decide what to do with dangerous projects. That's their job.
You can't fix stupid but the Moderators can kick it off our website.

tcmtech

Joined Nov 4, 2013
When it comes to others doing questionable things I have to take a step back and look at myself and if and when I have done similar and or far worse things and what the outcome was form doing such.

Obviously all the 'what if XYZ had happened' clearly didn't leaving me alive and well so I let them have at it and learn as I did.

Also you have to look at the bigger picture such as what you may view as highly dangerous someone else may see as totally routine and of little concern being they know something about the subject you likely dont.
Just because you think something dangerous and uncalled for doesn't mean it actually is.

People don't learn to use basic sense and rational thought until they have had the opportunity to suffer the consequences of having not done so multiple times over.
It's just the price one has to pay to transition from being a clueless halfwit to a semi functional adult with basic sense to keep from harming themselves or anyone else.

Let stupid do what stupid does best which is eliminate itself by whatever means as it finds suitable at the time. ;)

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
I agree to some extent that many only learn the hard way.
On an Ironic side note, having witnessed some industrial 'accidents' in my time, occasionally it is the inexperienced nooby, but not always, more than often it is the guy that has been doing the job for years, and that old adage, familiarity breeds contempt enters the picture, the guy has been doing it so long it is almost second nature, this is when he lets his guard down.
Max.

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
Should I:
  1. Walk away, who cares what they do
  1. That's probably the healthiest thing. There's a lot wrong in the world and we're not responsible for fixing hardly any of it.
  2. Suggest that it was a bad idea to do so, as they might cause themselves a mischief and just leave it at that
    Without explaining why it was a bad idea, this is not very helpful
  3. Point out that although they didn't get hurt it may not be in the interest of visitors to this forum to suggest what they did was ok, even tho they didn't get hurt
    If you're in the mood, I see nothing wrong with pointing out hazards, especially if the poster seems unaware. I do it all the time.
  4. Shut up as it doesn't matter
    A bit like #1. But if I've got the energy to tell someone how to wire an LED, surely I can take the time to make someone consider their safety.
  5. Just go away, so as to stop being a public nuisance
    Only if you want to. It's a forum. Being a nuisance is pretty much what it's all about.
  6. Not send a pm trying my best to explain myself
    Yeah, don't do that. I don't want to get a PM except in the rarest of circumstances.