IRF520N models LTSPICE

Audioguru again

Joined Oct 21, 2019
A real device has a wide range of specs from minimum to maximum. You do not know the specs of the device you buy unless you test it.

A simulation uses only "typical" specs and if you build the circuit with devices that has minimum or maximum specs then some of them Will not Work!

You need to use engineering to design a circuit that works properly with a device that has minimum to maximum specs.
Then every circuit made will work.

ericgibbs

Joined Jan 29, 2010
hi agu,
The typical specification will cover approx 70% of the device type that are produced

So if he decides to use a LTSpice simulator to check his design, the results will be typically satisfactory.

I agree in some circuit designs it is necessary to design for minimal specification, but not all.

I am not sure what you mean by this. ? ' a device that has minimum to maximum specs. ?

Audioguru again

Joined Oct 21, 2019
I should have said, "A device that has a wide range of specs from minimum for some to maximum for some".
If the Mosfet is simply used as an on-off switch then maybe it is OK if it barely turns on.

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
This gets to the fundamental purpose of simulation, which is understanding. If you are using simulation for design verification, you may want to consider multiple alternative approaches.