Ir2153 based smps mosfet failure

rahul411

Joined Feb 19, 2018
If i just connect all the components in air with solder joints, how likely is the MOSFETs going to fail again?

rahul411

Joined Feb 19, 2018
No, because a 1N4148 is a signal diode. It should be selected for the associated voltages and currents. And still you will need to change the wiring from that prototype arrangement to an arrangement with much less wire inductance and resistance.
What about 5402 or 5822?

rahul411

Joined Feb 19, 2018
Neither is a fast-recovery type.
Here are some examples.
Where in the datasheet I can find if it is a fast recovery type or not?
Here is a link to fast recovery type diodes, is this okay? Because you've given a link to smd package and it will be hard to find those here even if their through hole package is available.

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
One more thing that was not mentioned before is that most computer power supplies demand some load be connected in order to function. Your intended output voltage is never mentioned, nor the current. But it seems that you should have a load connected so that the circuit can function normally, since a constant load is a basic part of computer supply operation.
AND, please tell us what the intended load voltage and current are, since that does matter.

rahul411

Joined Feb 19, 2018
One more thing that was not mentioned before is that most computer power supplies demand some load be connected in order to function. Your intended output voltage is never mentioned, nor the current. But it seems that you should have a load connected so that the circuit can function normally, since a constant load is a basic part of computer supply operation.
AND, please tell us what the intended load voltage and current are, since that does matter.
Voltage between 18 to 20 volts and max current of 7 to 10amps.

rahul411

Joined Feb 19, 2018
This will be used to power a CC/CV buck boost converter for a bench power supply. And also a 12v fan if needed.

rahul411

Joined Feb 19, 2018
I have got the MOSFETs and not I'll retry. The FETs are around a 60rs each roughly a dollar. So i want to know will it blow again? I know this is a silly question but those money i spend are saving from my pocket money, so i want assurance, or else I'll wait until everything is right.

Alec_t

Joined Sep 17, 2013
Complete removal is impossible, but minimising component interconnect lengths helps. Your post #33 circuit has a lot of excess wire, which contributes unnecessary inductance and will act as antennas for picking up interference from the environment.