IR shaft encoder

hgmjr

Joined Jan 28, 2005
yes.....that correct...the sender is worked but no answer from the receiver
Are you using the exact opamp that is called for in the article that you linked to earlier?

What procedure are you using to set the potentiometer?

hgmjr

h.d

Joined Oct 22, 2007
Are you using the exact opamp that is called for in the article that you linked to earlier?

What procedure are you using to set the potentiometer?

hgmjr
yes i use the LM358 op-amp........
what you mean by"procedure are you using to set the potentiometer?"????

h.d

Joined Oct 22, 2007
oh i understand.....i turn the potentiometer untill the LED in the output is deinergized...

hgmjr

Joined Jan 28, 2005
ok i set the potentiometer...thats what you want??
This section in the article on the circuit tells you:
You will have to adjust the variable resistor (POT.) R8 so the the voltage at the positive input of the Op-Amp (pin No. 5) would be somewhere near 1.6 Volt. if you understand the functioning of Op-Amps, you will notice that the output will go High when the volt at the cathode of D1 drops under 1.6. So the output will be High when IR light is detected, which is the purpose of the receiver.
hgmjr

hgmjr

Joined Jan 28, 2005
Can you now block and unblock the sensor and see the visible red led turn on and off indicating that the receiver is working?

hgmjr

h.d

Joined Oct 22, 2007
the reciever isn't working......
and the red led doesnt indicate
may the error from the bread board...may it make losses in the circuit?????also i am using that boared for alot off other circuits and it work well

hgmjr

Joined Jan 28, 2005
OK. Let's try an experiment.

Block or unpower the IRLED being used as the transmitter. Next adjust the Potentiometer and see if you can find a setting of the potentiometer that results in the visible LED going from on to off or off to on.

hgmjr

hgmjr

Joined Jan 28, 2005
So that tells me that you should be able to set the pot slightly below 1.26V you should be able to block and then unblock the sensor and see the red LED change.

hgmjr

h.d

Joined Oct 22, 2007
:D:D:Dyes man.....know........it work well.........the output is 3.6V.........its good...........

thanks alooot man.....realy i am happy.....
thanks hgmjr

hgmjr

Joined Jan 28, 2005
I woudl remind you that the circuit as it is designed is very sensitive to ambient IR light from regular light fixtures. You will need to read the rest of the information at ikalogic.com to learn how to change the circuit slightly to make it more immune to the ambient light conditions.

hgmjr

h.d

Joined Oct 22, 2007
ok...i will use it in dark ambient......and i will read that info....
again thanks for your replays and time....

hgmjr

Joined Jan 28, 2005
That's what we are here for.

If you encounter a problem as you get further into your investigation into IR sensors, be sure to give us a chance to assist you.

hgmjr

h.d

Joined Oct 22, 2007
ok... thats the aim of participation in that forum..and i can help in topics like PIC,PLC,power electronics, and motor drives