IR Sensor with time relay

Jay1107

Joined Jul 9, 2020
I am new to electronics. Just tried last week 1 automatic sanitizer dispensing with IR sensor.
Now I want to switch/cut off motor after after some seconds.
What's item I have to add with circuit. As I tried 12V time relay NE555 model and output is coming continues. Can anyone help?

Attachments

KeithWalker

Joined Jul 10, 2017
I assume that you used the IR proximity sensor connected to the relay module and activated the motor through the relay contacts. A simple sketched diagram of your setup would make your description much more understandable and would give you a starting point for the next step. If you want to add the time delay module to this setup, what are the input requirements of the timer and how can you obtain those requirements from what you show in the photo?
Keith

Last edited:

Jay1107

Joined Jul 9, 2020
Hello Keith, Thanks for replying.
Please find attached circuit sketch ( Normal relay) which i used to dispense the sanitizer or any liquid. After using this circuit i found water flow is fast and wastage of content is more when take off hands from IR sensor. So i thought to add a delay "off" after 2 or 3 sec it would save content or liquid. In previous attached photo i have Sensor, Normal relay and a timer relay i purchased. Some one gave me time relay circuit (attached) which i tried but when i connect 6V submersible pump connections, pump will be always on (even without sensor is obstructed). So i need help to understand what is wrong. How can i cut off pump after a delay and is there a way to control Pump speed.

Attachments

Do you have information, i.e. datasheets, on the individual modules?

Information on the individual parts is necessary to determine if they are able to be connected to each other directly or if additional circuitry is needed.

KeithWalker

Joined Jul 10, 2017
From what I see in your photos, the timer module is simply an adjustable time delay. When you apply power to the two input terminals, the relay will activate after the preset time.
You can not activate the timer from the output of the IR module. That is just a logic level signal. You will have to activate it using the relay contacts of the relay switch module and then use a combination of the relay contacts of both modules to get an ON - delay - OFF to activate the motor.
Keith