Inverter problems

Billy_goat

Joined Feb 8, 2021
I have a problem with my inverter,it is not charging the batteries to maximum capacity but to 70% to be precise All the sets are new that is inverter and 2 200AH batteries 12V each and whole lot of fuses. If u can assist on parameter settings of an inverter.

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
I have a problem with my inverter,it is not charging the batteries to maximum capacity but to 70% to be precise All the sets are new that is inverter and 2 200AH batteries 12V each and whole lot of fuses. If u can assist on parameter settings of an inverter.
Model and specifications?

An inverter makes AC from DC, typically batteries. They don't charge batteries. I'm guessing your inverter contains its own battery pack? Don't make us guess.

Billy_goat

Joined Feb 8, 2021
Model and specifications?

An inverter makes AC from DC, typically batteries. They don't charge batteries. I'm guessing your inverter contains its own battery pack? Don't make us guess.
It doesn't have it's own battery pack,but the inverter is also the one that regulates charging from PV.

MrAl

Joined Jun 17, 2014
Wow two 200AHr batteries, nice! I had an 18AHr battery for backup purposes and i was happy with that, having even one 200AHr battery i would be overjoyed :)

I was an expert with power supplies of many kinds when i worked in the industry several years back and i can tell you that there is a lot to the AC type because they have to do things and monitor things that regular small DC power supplies dont have to do. If they also charge batteries then we have to look at the charger section. To do that, we have to have a schematic because there are many different designs. We need this because if we make a bad assumption the battery can blow up or cause a fire. Big batteries are especially dangerous. They have to be handled right and this means they have to be charged right and that means the charger has to monitor different things about the battery and the charging process.

So what this really means is that we need a schematic in order to help here. Without that it gets a little risky. If there are adjustments and we adjust something wrong or adjust the wrong setting we could end up with a bomb rather than a nicely operating PV inverter system.

If you cant find a schematic you may be able to draw one up. Again when i worked in the industry one job i had to do one time was investigate an unknown inverter system I had to carefully follow out the PC board traces and try to figure out what IC chips and other components were being used. In the end it worked out but back then the chips used were mostly common types like CMOS logic and stuff like that. These days there are many types of programmable chips where you can almost never figure out how they are programmed. You may be able to figure it out though if it has the more common chips so you could try that. If you could get an actual schematic that would be best though.

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
It doesn't have it's own battery pack,but the inverter is also the one that regulates charging from PV.
Ah, so we're talking about a solar power system. The batteries are not reaching full charge.

How are you sure that you're getting enough sun to run the load(s) and charge the batteries? I mean, lack of light is an obvious explanation for your problem.