Introduction

S_lannan

Joined Jun 20, 2007
Good day everyone!
My name is Steven. I'm studying electronics engineering in Australia and I just found this website. I must say the material on here, even though it is incomplete is quite good!

I'm currently doing all the basic stuff (most i already know) but in time I will be able to answer a few questions and join in discussions....

Cheers,
Steve

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
Welcome to All About Circuits! I hope you make use of the many resources we offer here and use the forums to help you with any problems you may have.

Dave

niftydog

Joined Jun 13, 2007
While we're at it, I'm new too! I'm also a Steve, I'm also from Australia, and I am an EE working at a university research school. So, hello to all!

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
While we're at it, I'm new too! I'm also a Steve, I'm also from Australia, and I am an EE working at a university research school. So, hello to all!
Welcome to All About Circuits! Steve from Australia must be the new fashion...while we're at it, I have a cousin whose a Steve from Australia - he's also an EE!

Dave

recca02

Joined Apr 2, 2007
are u not from a cricket playing nation.
he was Australian cricket captain and a good one at that.
its disheartening that only a few nation know abt the game.

n9352527

Joined Oct 14, 2005
That explains it :D

I don't follow cricket at all, although I live quite close to the Headingley stadium where they often play something like test match or one day test or whatever they are actually called :p

recca02

Joined Apr 2, 2007

I don't follow cricket at all, although I live quite close to the Headingley stadium where they often play something like test match or one day test or whatever they are actually called :p
since topic is introduction
introducing a non cricket follower who lives near the famous headingley stadium.:D

and uk ppl use to say.
we dont like cricket we love it.

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003

:eek: What would your fellow Yorkshiremen say about that! :D

Dave

Gadget

Joined Jan 10, 2006
We're a cricketing nation as well, and frankly, I find the long games like watching paint dry.......

Greetings to Steven from across the ditch... ;)

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
We're a cricketing nation as well, and frankly, I find the long games like watching paint dry.......

Greetings to Steven from across the ditch... ;)
Thats a curiosity, because amongst the hard-core Cricket fans in the UK the longer form of the game is the most popular. To really appreciate 5-day Cricket one must really embrace the tactics involved, which involve factors such as the complex rules of Cricket, the weather (one of the most important particularly here in the UK), and the strengths and weaknesses in your opponents team and how this affects the game at a particular point in the 5-days.

One-day Cricket is good to get drunk to! :D

Dave