Introduction to Quantum Mechanics Principles

Hiilal

Joined Feb 24, 2012
I am taking Solid State Electronics course, and the first chapter is Introduction to Quantum Mechanics Principles, but I didn't understand anything, so please I need someone to give me any notes about this chapter that could help me understand it very well.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
We need more information, such as the exact book, revision, and publisher. Given that the odds of someone having the same book are slim I don't hold much hope. You are better off asking specific questions as to what you don't understand.

Hiilal

Joined Feb 24, 2012
I still don't know what the chapter talks about, and there is no book just some notes that give us the doctor and cant understand anything from it, I just need to know what is the general idea of the chapter please so later I can understand if I read my notes

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Having never heard the good doctor, nor met him....

An not having the book, nor ever seeing it, nor having any way to trace it because you have never seen nor held it either...

Understand the problem? Not enough information.

It is possible someone will be able to point you to a site where you can share common ground (as in using the same reference material).

steveb

Joined Jul 3, 2008
I agree with Bill that you need to provide us more information. Two of the best known quantum mechanics books (one by Dirac and the other by Shankar) are called "The Principles of Quantum Mechanics".

So, based on what you have said so far, you can just go to these books and you will be all set. However, I suspect you are not ready to read these books and understand them any better than your teacher's notes.

So tell us what level of study you are at. That way we can direct you to material appropriate for that level. Here is a link to some basic information on principles, in case it is helpful.

http://lcbcpc21.epfl.ch/Course/aimf/Atoms_III.pdf