Introduction of Paper

mothermohammad

Joined May 17, 2014
Hi guys,

I am writing a journal paper. I completed all of the parts except the introduction. How should I write the paper introduction?
Should I wrote firstly myself introduction and then relate each of the introduction to the reference papers or write the introduction exactly according to the papers I read? (As you know most information of introduction have reference!)

RichardO

Joined May 4, 2013
Are you submitting your paper to a specific journal? If so, they may have preferences for the way they want the introduction written. If not you will have to look at other papers published by that journal to get some guidance.

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
I fully agree with RichardO. Your best guide is either the journal's style guide (most have something that serves this role) or just looking at a few recent issues to see how most other papers in that journal handled it.

Even beyond that, looking at those recent papers is a very good idea to see how everything was handled -- how the bibliography was formatted, how references were formatted, how figures and tables were captioned, you name it. Remember, these papers all accomplished the very thing that you are trying to accomplish now -- namely getting published in THAT journal.

mothermohammad

Joined May 17, 2014
Thank you so much.
I put the figures, tables, and so on. I know that other feature of the journal. However, my problems is how should I write the introduction. Should I write my own information only ?

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
Thank you so much.
I put the figures, tables, and so on. I know that other feature of the journal. However, my problems is how should I write the introduction. Should I write my own information only ?
What do other papers in that journal include in their introductions?