Interstage RF trasformer .. #2

DaniKowa

Joined Sep 23, 2020
Sorry if I come back to the subject. I found an RF transformer that might be right for me. Its function will be to supply 180 ° inverted signals on the two secondary outputs. I also chose this for the THT and it makes soldering easier.

SWB2010-1-PCL

https://www.mouser.it/datasheet/2/597/swb-1223867.pdf

The question is can I expect the same output voltage as the input voltage? I couldn't find an ideal model to at least test it with LTSPice.

Mod: link to other Thread.E

https://forum.allaboutcircuits.com/threads/interstage-rf-trasformer.181104/post-1656367

Last edited by a moderator:

DickCappels

Joined Aug 21, 2008
Check out the frequency response chart for the transformer in which you are interested. Attenuation of 0 db means to measurable loss, 1 db means 11% attenuation. The charts are in the datasheet.
1629378363242.png

DaniKowa

Joined Sep 23, 2020
So if there is no attenuation, I should expect the same output voltage. I used another simulator. To get the same output voltage I have to use a 1: 2 ratio and now I still have the doubt. :D

DaniKowa

Joined Sep 23, 2020
Hi Eric,

It is mounted between two Jfet stages. Input voltage approximately 220mV Between the input JFet and the primary of the transformer, there is also a 100p capacitor in series and subsequently a 1MOhm resistor to ground. The secondaries go (one at a time) to the gate of the next JFet stage always with a 1MOhm resistance to ground.

ericgibbs

Joined Jan 29, 2010
hi Dani,
So what's your best estimate [ guess] on the two impedances at that operating frequency.?

A high to low impedance transfer is indicated if the signal I/O ratio is showing as 2:1

E

DaniKowa

Joined Sep 23, 2020
Actually, I use a 10Mhz for simulate. Being used between two JFets, wouldn't it be correct to use a 1: 2 ratio anymore? Where 1 is the output stage of the first stage and 2 is the input stage of the next JFet stage?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D Wireless & RF Design 6
C Homework Help 1