integral LED light fixture possible heat issue.

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
I was installing some unique light fixtures to illuminate paintings hung on a wall. These contain a power module for the LED that are quite small, about 1/2 inch diameter and about 4 inches long, with connection leads about #22 AWG wire. I am now concerned that they may greatly overheat if they ever fail, given that the fixture does have quite a lot of perforation for ventilation, and has a steel front and back, unlike most light fixtures that have open backs.
Does anybody have any experience with these?? An LED tube about 16 inches long, 1 inch diameter, separate base mounting on the wall.
I am in the process of installing them for a friend, and do not even know if they are UL accepted. I did not select them, she did.. (she is not a technical person.)

Audioguru again

Joined Oct 21, 2019
Any cheap uncertified electrical part can fail then burn down your house.
My city's electrical company gave away low power but bright lights. Some of them dripped flaming plastic. The manufacturer (over there) stole the certification label number from a compeditor. All the defective lights were replaced.

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
I was installing some unique light fixtures to illuminate paintings hung on a wall. These contain a power module for the LED that are quite small, about 1/2 inch diameter and about 4 inches long, with connection leads about #22 AWG wire. I am now concerned that they may greatly overheat if they ever fail, given that the fixture does have quite a lot of perforation for ventilation, and has a steel front and back, unlike most light fixtures that have open backs.
Does anybody have any experience with these?? An LED tube about 16 inches long, 1 inch diameter, separate base mounting on the wall.
I am in the process of installing them for a friend, and do not even know if they are UL accepted. I did not select them, she did.. (she is not a technical person.)
I will ask about any possible lik
I did not see any of the papers associated with these lights. But now I will ask about that as well.

I was planning on putting the little power module in those blue-plastic electrical boxes, which do pass code inspections, but now they will be installed back inside the steel-backed original bases of the light fixture.
No telling about how warm they get operating for an extended time.
AND, the first dimmer I tried with these lights gave an interesting strobe-light effect. Not what we wanted at all.

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
No information and no link because they are no longer offered.
So I re-installed the power blocks back onside the all steel part of the fixture and ran suitable wire to the fixtures. They are mounted on solid plaster-board walls with nothing combustible withing a few inches. And I was wrong about the size of these block modules. solid epoxy, about 4 inches long and 1 1/4 by 1 1/2. Now to find a dimmer that does not make them flash like strobes.