Input, output impedance of an BJT amplifier

Javad Maleki

Joined Dec 24, 2015
Hello
I should calculate the input and output impedance of the circuit shown below .
Help please .
The thing I want to know is the basic information for this need .
As an example I don't know the DC source must be zero or the ac source and Exactly where is the input voltage and output voltage and input current and output current .
Thank you
FirstDesign.jpg

The circuit was simulated by me using 2N2222A. The output resistance at collector of Q1 is about 3.9k and Rin is about 18k. Measurements was done at 1kHz.
the power supply is considered to be having very low source resistance (less than 1ohm). the input of an ac source is applied at base of Q3 through a capacitor of 10uF. It is an RC coupled amplifier. the current output of Q2 is fed to emitter of Q1 and Q1 operates as a common base circuit with its base bypassed at ac by 10uF. the input impedance can be measured by placing a 1k in series with the ac source, and identifying its effect at base of Q3(not preferred) or collector of Q1 (preferred). Q3 and Q2 for a darlington and hence will have inherently high Rin but this is swamped by r1 and R6 in parallel as far as ac input is concerned. Note that 27||56 is about 18k.
Do let me what you need to know more.

Javad Maleki

Joined Dec 24, 2015
The circuit was simulated by me using 2N2222A. The output resistance at collector of Q1 is about 3.9k and Rin is about 18k. Measurements was done at 1kHz.
the power supply is considered to be having very low source resistance (less than 1ohm). the input of an ac source is applied at base of Q3 through a capacitor of 10uF. It is an RC coupled amplifier. the current output of Q2 is fed to emitter of Q1 and Q1 operates as a common base circuit with its base bypassed at ac by 10uF. the input impedance can be measured by placing a 1k in series with the ac source, and identifying its effect at base of Q3(not preferred) or collector of Q1 (preferred). Q3 and Q2 for a darlington and hence will have inherently high Rin but this is swamped by r1 and R6 in parallel as far as ac input is concerned. Note that 27||56 is about 18k.
Do let me what you need to know more.
Thanks for your attention . But the issue is the algorithm of solving the problem . The thing I want is a little explanation about beginning the problem solving .
Thanks for simulation and those result are valuable for me .
But the basic knowledge of this problem is a thing that I haven't it .

Bordodynov

Joined May 20, 2015
Rin=27k||56k||((Betaq3+1)(Betaq2+1)*2*req2)
req2=25.8mV/1mA=25.8Ohm
Rin=27000||56000||((100+1)(100+1)*2*25.8)=1/(1/27000+1/18000+1/(101*101*2*25.8))=17607.5 ==>
Rin=17.6kOhm