Infrared temperature sensor with android 6.0.I

josepars

Joined Nov 28, 2018
Hi.I need sensor to measure the infrared temperature sensor module. I want to integrate it on my development board. I have one sensor which support I2C but I couldnt operate it. Can you suggest me any sensor?

ericgibbs

Joined Jan 29, 2010
hi jose,
Which type pf IR sensor do have on the bench, that supports I2C.
Also what temperature range and accuracy do you require.?
E

LesJones

Joined Jan 8, 2017
According to the data sheet the MLX90614 uses I2C. You will need to give information on the development board you want the sensor to work with for members to be able to help you. Is your problem that the processor on your development board does not have I2C support. Is it not possible to write a bit bang interface using a couple of I/O pins. I know nothing about writing code to run with the Android operating system. I have only written I2C code in assembler to run on a PIC12F1840 to interface with INA219s and a BMP280.

Les.

LesJones

Joined Jan 8, 2017
I am not familiar with any IR temperature sensors so I would probably use the MLX90614 together with a PIC12f1840. The pic would communicate with the sensor using I2C and output the data via the serial port (UART) I use this method for remote sensing of voltage, current, temperature humidity and atmospheric pressure. The pic reads the data from the sensor and outputs it as a string of ASCII text. This is normally communicated to a PC via an RF link using HC-12 modules. I just use a terminal emulator program on the PC to display it. I have also used it to communicate with an android tablet via Bluetooth. The pic serial port is connected to an HC-05 Bluetooth module and I run a terminal emulator program on the tablet. (I use Blueterm terminal emulator which is free.) I originally wrote the code for the pic to send data (Temperature and humidity.) from DHT22 modules and just kept modifying it to suit different sensors. The code for the BMP280 (temperature and pressure.) was the most difficult as it involved a many calculations and took almost half of the program memory of the pic.

Les.