Infrared sensor circuit for distance detection and communcation

jproctor96

Joined Mar 12, 2018
I am undertaking a project at Uni that is a IR sensor circuit being used to keep robots in communication with each other. This is a swarm-bots project, similar to Jasmine. I have designed a circuit that works for distance detection, however I want to either alter it to include letting the robots know where each other robot is within a certain distance, or completely change it.

cheers

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
I am undertaking a project at Uni that is a IR sensor circuit being used to keep robots in communication with each other. This is a swarm-bots project, similar to Jasmine. I have designed a circuit that works for distance detection, however I want to either alter it to include letting the robots know where each other robot is within a certain distance, or completely change it.

cheers
For robots to communicate in that scheme check what is being done with a technology called "Li-Fi", which uses light to send data to computers instead of the more normal RF links. The data rate should be quite adequate. But for robot position data it makes more sense to use survey-grade GPS hardware, which is a mature technology with the elements available for purchase currently. Then all that you must accomplish is developing the communications protocol and the reorting software.