Infra Red Headphones for Jaguar

repairs online

Joined Nov 3, 2007

No silly, it is for the kids in the back seat watching a moving on the LCD, leaving mum and dad, undisturbed.

I know it is cold in the USA & CANADA, this time of the year, but ..did not think ...it has frozen your brains to such deep level.

repairs online

Joined Nov 3, 2007
.....moving, :D movie, I meant to say.

have you not read the previous posts, some members keep closing the thread for reasons, .... too stupid to mention.

Just looking for schematics to a particular set of headphones used in JAGUAR cars.

Sorry, forgot the url: idesigniphone.com/jaguar-wearing-headphones

blueroomelectronics

Joined Jul 22, 2007
Ahh well, when you start a new thread don't assume everyone has memorized all your previous posts and is hanging on your every word. Also the crystal ball function of this site seems to be permanently broken so mind reading and clairvoyance are not up to snuff. I thought you wanted to discuss the weather here in Canada.
Just looking for schematics to a particular set of headphones used in JAGUAR cars
Which particular set would that be, do they have a part or model number?

repairs online

Joined Nov 3, 2007
...nope, just the word JAGUAR, nothing else and used in JAGUAR cars. However, the main ICs used in these headphones were posted previously.

Could send you a photo. My email: <snip>

Last edited by a moderator:

blueroomelectronics

Joined Jul 22, 2007
I don't have any schematics for IR headphones.
Did they (assuming you have two headphones) work and simply stop recently or have never worked? Are you sure the transmitters are working? How much does Jaguar want to repair / replace them?

repairs online

Joined Nov 3, 2007
The set contains 2 headphones. One is working, the other isn't. Customer had problems from the start. Switched on several times for only a short time.

I experienced exactly the same conditions. This headphone had been worked on before, old and new solder, clearly showing on the PCB.

LED is not switching on, appears power supply problem, but cannot pin the fault.

Jaguar accessories very expensive, customer is not interested.

Infra Red Transmitter OK.

debe

Joined Sep 21, 2010
Generaly it helps if you post good clear & in focus pictures of both sides of the PCB so we know what we are looking at. This then helps greatly when discussing the unit. Ive found this site very good for assistance with problems, You apear to have got of to a bad start due to lack of information.