Immediate help please... arduino ethernet shield not works with network swicth

meowsoft

Joined Feb 27, 2021
I have tons of arduino mega and w5100 ethernet shield, and was tested thousand times, also works with mikrotik router, but why isn't works with DLink DES-1024D Switch ?, can anyone help ?
Ping result was no response, HTTP connection can't be made, but LED in switch is blinking regularly, and switch was tested with another computer, printer, etc, and was no problem with the switch
Before I test for production stage, that's shield not working properly
Both arduino mega 2560 r3 and w5100 ethernet shield is cloned version

meowsoft

Joined Feb 27, 2021
Hello,

Did you read page 37 of the manual?
It tells you how to set the IP gateway and mask.

Bertus
Yes thanks for answer... I think there is no problem with IP gateway and mask, switch is non managed switch, IP gateway, mask, etc is still same, and same configuration is not make any problem with mikrotik router

meowsoft

Joined Feb 27, 2021
Unmanaged / non managed switch is plug and play, no configuration is need's to change, it's have basic performance and security but best budget option for home/office automation and small scale network like SOHO

meowsoft

Joined Feb 27, 2021
Also ENC28J60 board with same IP configuration and DES-1024D switch, also same arduino board, doesn't have same problem, and everything fine, but my staff has already bought dozens of W5100 shield

scorbin1

Joined Dec 24, 2019
is auto-negotiate working correctly? Check to see what speed and duplex each device is reporting and make sure its matching. If auto-negotation isn't working you may have to set it manually.

scorbin1

Joined Dec 24, 2019
That's a possibility but checking speed and duplex is going to be much easier and not potentially destructive. I would try that first before hacking on the board.