Hello all, I'm thinking on creating a new website as a side project that is directly for electronics engineers that wish to trade/sell their parts in a dynamic and safer and free environment then ebay.
Here is a business model I had for the website:
* Free listing of parts/items (Including able to upload images).
* Invite ONLY (Users will have to receive a invite to be a user if they wish to invite them selfs they will have to ask me or another "trusted" user)
* Online transaction support. (Paypal, etc...)
* Website would only take %2 of the profit you make when you sold a item.
* Sell/trade anything from wires, cable, electronic parts (Microcontrollers, LEDs, Resisters, etc...), electronics, testing equipment, books.
* User security system (IP Logger, User Reporting, User Information would be stored encrypted)
The domain name I want to choose for the website would be called:
circuitbay.net
I haven't really started any design or real process of the website except the business model and seeing feedback on it. I'm hopping if I do get enough users is to be able to add coupon codes from affiliates such as maybe jameco.com you can get by going on the website and selling/trading stuff.
So what would you guys think if a website such as this went up and what would you change about the business model?
Encase if your wondering whats the difference between this and the Flea market on the forum. I want to add a dynamic and more secure feel to it. So you have a better idea of who your buying from and know what your getting. (Such as required fields such as condition, how long was it used, datasheet source, and faster/easier searching of what you are looking for.)
Here is a business model I had for the website:
* Free listing of parts/items (Including able to upload images).
* Invite ONLY (Users will have to receive a invite to be a user if they wish to invite them selfs they will have to ask me or another "trusted" user)
* Online transaction support. (Paypal, etc...)
* Website would only take %2 of the profit you make when you sold a item.
* Sell/trade anything from wires, cable, electronic parts (Microcontrollers, LEDs, Resisters, etc...), electronics, testing equipment, books.
* User security system (IP Logger, User Reporting, User Information would be stored encrypted)
The domain name I want to choose for the website would be called:
circuitbay.net
I haven't really started any design or real process of the website except the business model and seeing feedback on it. I'm hopping if I do get enough users is to be able to add coupon codes from affiliates such as maybe jameco.com you can get by going on the website and selling/trading stuff.
So what would you guys think if a website such as this went up and what would you change about the business model?
Encase if your wondering whats the difference between this and the Flea market on the forum. I want to add a dynamic and more secure feel to it. So you have a better idea of who your buying from and know what your getting. (Such as required fields such as condition, how long was it used, datasheet source, and faster/easier searching of what you are looking for.)
Last edited: