Im looking for a NEC uPD124c

jhncllr

Joined Jan 24, 2017
Im looking for a NEC uPD124c for a VT segment display. The attached file shows the board they are on.
I have searched the web and as far as I know, no such device exists! I hoping to
use the board as is. Most probably the board is later 70's !!!! The displays are
a NEC DG12E

Attachments

RichardO

Joined May 4, 2013
Im looking for a NEC uPD124c for a VT segment display. The attached file shows the board they are on.
I have searched the web and as far as I know, no such device exists! I hoping to
use the board as is. Most probably the board is later 70's !!!! The displays are
a NEC DG12E
I am beginning to agree with you. I have looked a lot of places with no luck finding the part. Theses in include a 1988 IC Master selection guide and 1989, 1990 and 1991 NEC selection guides.

If you hadn't supplied such a clear picture I would have said you have the wrong part number. ;)

In the NEC selection guides, they have information on NEC display assemblies. Since your board uses NEC nixie displays, this has me wondering if the board you have was made by NEC as well. If it is then maybe the parts were for internal use and not available to outside costumers.

jhncllr

Joined Jan 24, 2017
I am beginning to agree with you. I have looked a lot of places with no luck finding the part. Theses in include a 1988 IC Master selection guide and 1989, 1990 and 1991 NEC selection guides.

If you hadn't supplied such a clear picture I would have said you have the wrong part number. ;)

In the NEC selection guides, they have information on NEC display assemblies. Since your board uses NEC nixie displays, this has me wondering if the board you have was made by NEC as well. If it is then maybe the parts were for internal use and not available to outside costumers.
Thank